Chapter One~

-Chapter One-

This is a story of how my life was flipped inside out and right side left then how some dog finished me off by mistaking me for a fire hydrant just before an insane dude came and took me on the craziest trip of my life. Away from my safe and highly predictable life. Yes, I am very much complaining, while others wish for a life of excitement. Peace is what I always wanted. I came from the most autistic family yet, so naturally I avoided family reunions in the safety of my room with the peaceful humming of an overworked laptop.

Today was Halloween and I had no intention of climbing out of my bed to find all my cousins running around in devil costumes in my kitchen where my mother would be making cookies that she'd burn and give up to go buy store bought ones.

I groaned at the noise that was the screaming of children, the crying of infants, the loud chattering of aunts, the laughter of the uncles over a beer, the gaming of my teenage cousins, along with the gossip of the female cousins. I reached over pulling on headphones and clicking my laptop to life only to have a window tell me "INTERNET ACCESS IS NOT AVAILABLE." I sat up fast with a glare as my hands ran over the keys to find the problem and of course someone had disconnected it. I wonder who?

I dragged myself out of bed with my hair a mess and still in a black tank top with a pair of white gym shorts. I carried my laptop along with my headphones around my neck. Skillfully avoiding the running children and soon to be spilled juice once it hit the ground nodding several greetings down the stairway that came making my way to the Internet plug that had been pulled, no doubt someone had tripped and had not bothered with putting it back in its place. With a sigh I picked it up slipping it back where it rightfully belonged and would supply me with an infinite dose of Internet appliances. I smirked as I watched the bars go up and a message appear "Problem has been resolved, Internet access is available."

Thank you Computer God, I swear you pray to you twice tonight.

I make my way back to my room when a child bumped into me making me stumble and fall onto my ass painfully, I avoided crushing my precious laptop and glared at the child in devil costume and I mean that quite literally. It came with the pitchfork, horns, the works.

"Mom!" He ran in fear. "Cousin Sassy is being mean!"

"It's Ciel!" I growled picking myself up hearing the light snickering around me. I could give you the family tree right now if you would like it, the brat in a devil costume was none other than Matthew, a five year old who had made it a habit of calling me "Sassy" along with a few others. There would be hell to pay for dropping me. I make my way to my room, but as I was to close the door I heard my mother yelling at me.

"Ciel, get your butt in here!"

"It really is too early for this shit," I growled under my breath.

"Sassy said shit," another child giggled, this one was dressed as a fairy her name Amanda, a cousin by marriage.

"Shut up!" I ordered. "I will make it so you can never join cyber space when you're older."

"What?" She frowned, her confusion and lack of understanding plain as day.

"Whatever." I kept to my pace, but sadly made it to the kitchen where my mom, along with my aunt Elizabeth (Matt's mother), Aunt Katherine (Amanda's mother), Aunt Izzy, Uncle Joseph (married Aunt Kathy), and Marie who was my nineteen year old cousin.

This is where I cue for the family tree to fall and everyone ready to gang up on me is frozen with the screams stuck between their teeth.

Our family goes back to my grandfather Joseph Castillo who married Katherine Arias, she took the family name, they had seven children; Aunt Sofia, Kane, Aunt Elizabeth, Aunt Katherine, Aunt Izzy, and Uncle Zack with his twin Uncle Hunter all with Castillo as their last name.