A human soul, so tempting

Grimacing, I tried to weave through varies bodies dancing together. Nearly an impossible task, with the amount of people here. I had to hand it to the head of the Phantomhive household though, they knew how to through a great party. It was All Hollow's Eve, and I was dressed in a black ball gown. Cat ears on my head, and whiskers painted on my cheeks. My lips were colored a soft pink, and my dark brown hair was in loose curls and pulled up onto my head. How I hated such social gatherings, but my parents insisted we attend. Besides, we were friends with the Phantomhives, even before the fire.

"Stephen!" I called out, ignoring the glares I got for being loud. I was currently searching for my brother, but I found him soon enough. My brother was best friends with Ciel, well, they used to be and they were the same age. You could barely separate the pair before the tragedy. However, now we rarely visited.

"Vanessa! How long has it been since we've seen Ciel? Come say hello." Stephen asked, gesturing me to come closer. I sighed, and looked to Ciel. The boy sat lazily in his chair, an eye patch covering one of his eyes. His blue eye stared at me, before a weak smile broke through. But it was gone just as fast as it came.

"Ciel." I greeted, curtseying low. "Good to see you old friend. And you too, Sebastian." I added, a soft smile gracing my lips. Ciel gave a nod, and I glanced in his butler's direction. I had only seen him once previously, but my God was he attractive. The dark hair that shaped around his face, the dark eyes that seemed to see right through you, and that devilish smile he constantly wore. But I will admit he made me nervous. His aura reminded me of our own butler, well, the new one that had been assigned to my brother. Speaking of which...

"Have you seen Charles at all, Stephen?" I asked, looking down to my little brother. The brunette child shook his head, but before he could open his mouth to answer, a hand gently rested on my shoulder. I looked to see Charles, and I grinned. This man had shaggy, white hair and eyes that were more blue than the sky on a cloudless day. His grip was soft and gentle, but held strength beneath it. He was highly caring and protective of my family, which I found weird for only being in our service for a year.

"My apologies, my lady. Master Kingsly was speaking with me." Charles said, looking down with a smile. His voice was kind of deep, but made you feel warm and fuzzy. I nodded in understanding, he had been talking with my father after all.

"Charles, was it?" Sebastian spoke up, causing me to look in his direction. His voice made me melt, and a rosy tint came over my cheeks. Why couldn't he say my name? Oh how sweet that would sound, especially if-

"Ow!" I whispered harshly as Charles' grip on my shoulder tightened. A red tint graced my cheeks, and I squirmed out of an iron grip.

"Yes, my name is Charles." My small cry went unheard, or it was just ignored. I glared at my family's butler, and smoothed down my dress. It had been a tiring night, and I wanted to go home. Ciel stood suddenly, and I glanced in his direction. I had intended to listen to his little good night speech, but Sebastian's dark eyes caught my attention. He was staring at me. A smirk curved his face, and I frowned, just what was that man thinking?

~~

Sebastian had been standing idly by his master's side for most of the night, nothing really catching his interest. That was the case until the Kingsly boy showed up, soon followed by his sister. He had smiled to see the girl dressed as a cat, how adorable. And when she greeted him, he merely nodded, much like his master had. He knew the thoughts she had about him, the fear mixed with the curiosity and attraction. The innocence was radiating off the girl, and Sebastian caught himself wondering what her soul would taste like. He much imagined it to be clean, untouched, and his for the taking. A smirk formed on his lips as he watched the seventeen year old girl. She was going to be his. However, there was one, small obstacle he had to get around.

~~

"Charles!" I protested, as he had stepped in front of my view of Sebastian. When I tried to peak around him, I found the Phantomhive butler to be missing, I looked around the room in wonder.

"Come along Miss Vanessa." Charles said, gently pushing me in the direction of the front door. Most of the people had piled out, but I noticed a man rushing in. It was Jacob, our carriage driver.

"Miss Vanessa, the carriage is broken. I swears it, I only left for a second, and when I got back, It's wheels were in tiny pieces! And the bloody horses ran off!" I rolled my eyes, just our luck. Ciel sighed, and looked to me.

"Tell your family I extend your invitation, please, stay the night. We will acquire you a new carriage in the morning." I nodded, and noticed Sebastian was smiling, standing right beside Ciel as if he never left. Stephen skipped off to go tell our parents the news of our stay.

"Sebastian, tend to their needs. Treat them as you would treat me, and show them their rooms once Master and Lady Kingsly arrive." Ciel ordered, and headed up the grand staircase.

"Yes, my Lord."