Unmasked Ch.3

Ch.3

            “Are you feeling any better?” my father asked looking me over as I walked into his room.

            “I feel just fine.” I answered, not in the mood to talk much because even though George had been here yesterday, I could feel a dark power beginning to grow in me.

            “You're starting to feel the power again.” he stated, watching as I took a seat in front of him.

            “Yes, but I'll see George in a few days. He's going to be at Hogsmeade.”

            “I'm just a little worried about you.” he blurted out, watching me with confusion. “I don't understand why you are staying so calm right now.”

            “Why shouldn't I be?” I began to notice that there was no emotion in my voice when I talked.

            “Haven't you seen the paper?” he asked.

            “No.” he pushed it over to me, showing me the title.

            Pushing for answers: Who is the Girl In The Mask? Underneath the title was pictures of me, luckily I had worn masks that covered most of my face in those pictures. In some of the pictures I was casting spells. While others were pictures of me watching on as death eaters were attacking innocent people.

            “How did they find this pictures?”

            “I'm not sure, but I have a feeling a few dead friends of ours were behind it. Beelez and Jessie must have been taking pictures of you from a distance and before they died, Beelez must have sent the pictures in.”

            “They still won't be able to recognize me from the pictures, which is good at least.” I began pacing.

            “True, but the second picture was from a more recent time when you were with Bellatrix. Which means that there are people still trying to find out who you are.” I scowled as my father spoke.

            “What are we going to do then? I can't risk anyone finding out who I am. It's not going to affect me as much as it's going to hurt all of my friends. I can't let that happen!”

            “I understand, but have you thought about revealing who you are before the war.” I froze when he said that, knowing we had never really talked about what was going to happen when the war began. “I know you aren't going to  be fighting for my side, Abigail. You're going to fight for your friends and your new family, but there may be some people that believe you are against their side at that point. No one on my side will attack you, but what about the others that you will be fighting for. No one's going to realize who you are or what side you are on!”

            “I know, but if anyone finds out who I am, a lot of people will be harmed and they won't be there to fight against you.” I argued.

            “You can leave now Abby,” he sighed in defeat as I turned around and walked out, not bothering to look behind me.

            Once I returned home I quickly changed and went to sleep already aware of the dream that was trying to push its way into my head.

Dream:

            Severus was leaning against the wall, venom was already in his system and only a certain potion would be able to save him. Harry was soon next to Severus, his face upset as he looked down at his professor.