Unmasked Ch.9

Ch.9

                “Are you dressed yet?” George yelled into the bathroom as I was finishing up.

                “One second!” I yelled, glancing in the mirror once more. I was dressed in a sleeveless, white blouse with a high neckline, black skinny jeans, and white heels with black lace on the toes of them. I added a smoky eye and black dangling earrings to finish the look.

                “It’s about time!” George said as I came out, he rushed in without a second thought.

                “You do realize we have more than one bathroom, right?” I said just as he was shutting the door. He gave me a quick smile.

                “What fun would that be?” the door shut with a thud before I could reply.  Rolling my eyes, I decided to go eat, knowing that George had already made breakfast today. Fred was scrambling around getting ready as well, quickly stuffing some food in his mouth before disappearing into his room without a word.

                At times like these, I couldn’t believe how much my life had changed for the better. Although I knew that I would be running into a lot of obstacles to stay who I was now and be able to live this life, I knew it was worth it. There are just times in your life when you realize this is what was supposed to happen. Finally I was getting a chance at happily ever after.

                “What you thinking about, love?” George asked, coming into the room, his hair damp from the shower.

                “Just about how wonderful it is to have you here.”

                “That’s good to know, after all you’re stuck with me,” he kissed my forehead before grabbing some food as well.

                “Are you ready once you’re done eating?”

                “Yeah, Fred should be ready in a few minutes. I think he’s owling Angelina.”  A smile lit my face.

                “Why didn’t you guys tell me about this?” a smirk appeared on his face.

                “Because we knew you’d get all excited like this,” he pecked me on the cheek and took my plate to wash. I tried to act hurt.

                “I’d don’t get overly excited, I just want to know if Fred is officially together with her or if he’s just occasionally asking her to go places with him and flirting with her. There’s a big difference.” He watched me with raised eyebrows as I continued talking.

                “Sure you don’t. Besides, Lee finally made a move on Alicia.” I jumped out of my seat.

                “Why didn’t you tell me about that?”

                “Overall, I figured you had enough to deal with without going overboard on bugging them on where they took the girls out to eat.” Fred burst of his room finally.

                “Are you two ready?” he asked.

                “We’ve been ready. Is there something you would like to tell me?” I asked menacingly, taking a step toward him.

                “No….Of course not.” He blushed slightly. He was just lucky George grabbed me before I could jump at him and make him tell me.

                “We should get going,” George said, disapparating to the Weasley home.

                The three of us approached the home, though I was aware there was more than just Mr. and Mrs. Weasley there.

                “There are others in there.” I whispered to George.

                “I wonder who they invited?” he said.

                We walked into the home seeing that Kingsley, Remus, Tonks, Sirius and Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were there.

                “Hi mum,” Fred and George said, giving her a hug.

                “Hi Mrs. Weasley,” I said giving her a hug too.

                “I told you to call me Molly, dear.”

                “Of course,” I told her with a smile.

                “Now take a seat you three, we have some things to discuss.” I sat down in between the two boys.

                “What about?” I asked them all curiously. I was suddenly aware of what this was about when I saw the newspaper in Remus’ hands. “Well now this all makes sense.” I sighed, looking at the paper and hoping this wouldn’t take too long.

                “We’re just worried about everything that’s going on. The ministry is trying harder than ever to find out who you are, this way they may be able to continue going on about how your father hasn’t come back. They’ll be able to blame everything on you, even though it wasn’t you that’s planned all of this. You have to be careful; they’re getting too close to who you are.” Kingsley began lecturing me.

                “You think I don’t know that! I wear a mask every time I go to a meeting or anything related to my dad so that traitors and spies won’t know who I am. Only some of the closest people to my father and I know who I am, and they aren’t going to tell because of how they’ve been such a big part of my life growing up.”

                “We understand that, we’re just trying to look after you. We’ve had people in the ministry working to make sure that they’re able to ruin some footage of you that gives any hint that you are this mysterious person. We’re doing all we can to protect you, but it seems like some people are able to find things out no matter what we do,” Said Remus.

                “My father has people doing the exact same, at least this way we have two teams working to keep my identity a secret. He caught three spies as well. Everything’s going to be fine; if my identity gets out there, hopefully it will be during a time when they know I’m working for good or it will be when my father takes over. Either way, everyone I care about is safe.”

                “What do you mean when your father takes over? What do you know?” asked Kingsley immediately, even George turned toward me in confusion. I couldn’t believe what I had just said. I mean of course I was going to tell George about all this at some point, I just hadn’t realized he would find out about this with everyone else sitting around us. I wasn’t sure if the prophecy would allow me to say anything about this, but I figured as long as I didn’t reveal too much.

                “That’s going to be very difficult to explain.” I sighed glancing around the room.

                “And why is that?” asked Tonks.

                “I didn’t want you all to find out about this in this way. First of all, I wanted to tell George before anyone else, but know my whole plans been thrown out the window.”

                “What are you talking about?” asked George.

                “Let’s just say, I was born with my mother’s gift.” I noticed Sirius stiffen. “And it looks like Sirius here has just figured out what I meant.”

                I glanced around once more, before deciding I would have to tell them at some point anyway. I might as well get it over with now.