Unmasked Ch.30

***sorry for the wait, I had a really busy holiday and didn't have time to upload, but here it is. I've already been thinking about the next story that I'll start after this one. I'll make sure to post the prologue for that one near the end of this story. I hope you enjoy!!!**

Ch.30

It was the morning of our trip into town and there was no words to describe how excited I was about everything. As soon as I woke up I made sure to carefully go through my closet, making sure I would be absolutely perfect today.

I put on a cream dress that had a tiered top with a waist-tie. I added a brown pair of lace up ankle boots, and a red coat because it was a little chilly outside. I pulled my hair up into a bun before throwing on some makeup.

As soon as I finished I rushed out and apparated to Hogsmeade.

“It's about time you showed up,” George said as I landed in front of him. He pulled me into a hug and pecked me on the lips.

“I've missed you.”

“Me too.” We began to walk down the street, hand in hand. “I heard you were having your masked ball soon.” he told me with a smirk.

“Yeah, my dad told me I needed something to keep my mind off of things.” I used, with a chuckle and stopping when I saw George's upset face.

“I'm not so sure I'm happy about you staying there.” I squeezed his hand lightly.

“I've told you, it's my choice and I need to be there.”

“I know, love,” he said, sighing and bent down and kissed me. “It's just odd not having you around after all this time together.”

“I know what you mean,” I was pulled closer to him as we walked, ignoring the attention we received. We turned and entered Hog's Head, choosing our seats before ordering butterbeers and some food.

“Have you been okay there?” he asked.

“Yeah, but more importantly, how is the shop going?” I loved watching his face light up as he talked about the prank store. I loved knowing that he was happy doing this with his life and wasn't stuck with a job he disliked.

“It's going great. Although it's kind of sad that we don't have Ron to test the pranks on.” his face fell as he talked about his brother. Harry, Ron and Hermione still hadn't contacted anyone and I knew that I wasn't the only one nervous about all of this.

“I know, I'm so worried about the three of them.”

“Yeah, did you hear about Sirius?” I froze. I hadn't talked to my uncle for a while and I had figured he was still in hiding considering my dad would probably go after him as soon as he showed himself.

“No, what happened?”

“He contacted us and asked if he could stay with Fred and I for a little while because he had the feeling people were watching him and found out where he had been hiding.”

“No, how come no one told me about this?” I asked stunned that he hadn't contacted me in some way.

“I don't know, he said he didn't want to worry you about anything going on. He thought you were under enough stress.”

“So he's at your apartment?” I wasn't happy about this. Anyone could go up there and find him.

“Yeah, but I do have one thing to ask.” he said sheepishly. “I don't think he's safe at my house. I was wondering if I could take him to your place and in the secret vault?”

“Definitely,” I answered immediately. “Get him out of there as soon as possible. I don't want anything to happen to him.”

It was then that I realized what Sirius was doing. Harry, Hermione and Ron must be hiding in his place. Sirius knows when it's not his battle, which means that's why he was looking for somewhere else to stay.

“That's not all that's happened though,” I glanced up quickly and saw George had a grin on his face this time.

“And what else happened?”

“Something to do with your cousin, Tonks.”

“What happened?!” I asked, suddenly anxious yet again.

“Lets just say she has a big announcement to tell you,” he told me with a smirk.

“Oh whatever. Let's go to the shrieking shack,” I said, getting out of my seat. He did the same and we made our way up to the broken down house.

“It's weird looking back on all the things I used to think when I was younger. Like how everyone believed this place was actually haunted.” his arms wrapped around my waist, turning me so that we faced each other.

“Yeah, everyone's changed now,” I whispered thinking back on how far we've come. “We've become stronger.”

“And we've figured out what's really important in life,” he whispered, his lips brushing mine.

“What would that be?” I asked, my eyes fluttering shut.

“Love and taking risks,” he said before closing the distance and slamming his lips against mine.

Everything that I had been worrying about disappeared from my mind. It seemed as if nothing could ruin the moment.

“There's been a break in at the Ministry!” George and I broke apart as I stood bewildered by what the young Slytherin was saying. “Headmaster Snape sent me!” he gasped, trying to control his breathing.

“It's them, isn't it?” George said, the lines in his forehead creasing once more.

“I've got to go. I'll come home tonight,” I slammed my lips against his once more before pulling away and apparating to the ministry, not knowing what would be awaiting me there. Nothing else seemed to matter though, I just had to help them, I had to.