Unmasked Ch.36

Ch. 36

“Well, as you know, I'm pregnant,” Tonks said as we sat at Hog's head with a glass of butterbeer.

“Yeah, not that you told me anything,” I said, a smile on my face as we talked about her baby. She was getting pretty big at this point and I knew that she would be due early next year.

“Sorry about that,” she blushed a light red, “Remus was the one telling most people; I didn't really know how to tell anyone.”

“It's fine, but what about him.”

“Well, Remus and I were thinking about Godparents. Remus and I decided that Harry would be his Godfather and were wondering if you would like to be his Godmother?” I sat there stunned before jumping up and giving her a hug.

“I would love to. You have no idea how amazing that is!”

“I'm glad, I was just worried you would say no.”

“You're ridiculous. Why would I ever say no to that?” she shrugged her shoulders, a small smile at the corner of her lips.

“You can never know for sure,” she answered before finishing off her drink. “Now, I was thinking we should go baby shopping!”

“Are you sure you want to do that already?” I asked, wondering if it should be Remus with us as well.

“Sure, you can never be too prepared. Now let's go, I have the whole day planned,” she gave me a sly smile and I knew this couldn't be good.

She linked arms with me and the two of us exited the restaurant, making sure that we paid already.

“Where are we going first?”

“We're going to buy some baby clothes.” we apparated away and landed in front of a long strip of shops that I hadn't been to before. “I saw this place had the cutest clothes!”

As we entered the store I caught sight of a small blue and cream dragon stuffed animal and picked it up. “What exactly are you looking for?” I glanced over and saw that Tonks was already at work looking through clothes.

I couldn't understand her excitement as we began picking out striped shirts and she seemed to realize that as well.

“You'll understand it when you have kids,” she told me, throwing in a few pairs of different colored socks.

“How do you know I'll have kids?” I raised my eyebrows and continued looking through the blankets.

“Do you really think George would let that happen? Of course he wants kids considering how big his family is and I have a feeling you wouldn't mind it either considering you've probably always wanted a sibling.” she smirked at me as she saw a faint blush on my cheeks.

“Hey! You can't just assume all of that!” we both let out small laughs as we both knew that what she said was true.

“You'll understand all of this later on,” she said as we fell back into silence. “First you have to do your wedding.” I nodded before handing her the blanket that I had picked and she nodded before placing it with her other choices.

“I can't really have it until after the war though,” I told her as we made our way to the counter where an older woman checked out our items.

“Still, you should think about beginning to plan it.”

“I know, it's just that we've both been so busy and stressed out with everything. George is still dealing with the store and everyone's worried about Harry, Ron and Hermione, and I still have to make sure that the school stay's at least bearable for the students. I don't have time to plan the wedding at this point,” I realized that the woman was listening in.