Unmasked Ch.32

Ch.32

“A horocrux is when you split your soul up into different pieces?” George asked, trying to understand.

“Yes, my father split his soul like that when he was younger. This way no one would be able to kill him, they would have to destroy all of the horocrux' before they could kill him.”

“That means Harry had to destroy all of them before he can kill...” he paused as he realized he was talking about my dad.

“It's fine. I know that soon my dad will be gone. I just have to keep going because I can't let him down.”

“Why would you let him down?”

“I just want to show him that I'll be fine even when he won't be there to look after me. I want him to believe in me and to understand that I'll love him no matter what. He's my dad different after all.”

“I know,” he said, squeezing my hand slightly as I continued to look at the books. “You'll never let him down though.”

I jumped as I heard a crash from downstairs. George glanced toward the door before looking down at the table.

“What was that?” I asked, raising my eyebrow and glancing at the clock that said it was 6:30.

“Um...that should be Sirius. I told him that he would be able to stay here for a little while.”

“Good. Why don't you go see what he's doing and I'll put all this away.”

“Ok, I love you,” he said with a smile as he kissed me once more.

“Love you too. I'll be right down.” He left the room and I went over and began slipping the books onto the shelf, fondly tracing the binds of the different books.

“Please, No!” I heard screaming in my head as I gazed at the books I knew by heart. “Please, I'm so sorry. Have mercy!” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before turning and walking away from the books. As I walked further away, the screaming left my head, letting me take control of my mind again.

“Abby!” Sirius said, pulling me into a hug as I entered the living room.

“It's great to see you Sirius!” I said, hugging him back tightly. “I've missed having you around.”

He snorted. “I've been stuck in hiding forever and it's been killing me.”

“And I'm guessing you know where Harry and the others are right now, just like I know that Remus knows where they are.” I almost laughed as I saw the startled look on his face.

“Yeah, but I have a feeling that they'll be leaving soon,” he said, getting over the fact that I knew exactly where they had been staying.

“Well, I guess you should see where your room is.”

“Thanks.” George grabbed Sirius' bag and the three of us began to make our way up the stairs.

“So, how have you been at the school?” he asked as we walked through the hallway.

“Fine, it's stressful, but I know that they need help there.”

“Are you going to be able to go in tonight or are you staying here?” George said, coming into the conversation.

“I'm staying here tonight, but I have to go in tomorrow. Apparently there is going to be a meeting going on tomorrow meeting.”

“About what happened at the Ministry this morning?” Sirius guessed.