Unmasked Ch.34

***Sorry about the wait, I've had a hard time finding a computer I could use to update on the story, but here it is. I hope you enjoy it!!!***

Ch.34

“I'm not sure if that looks right though,” I told Professor McGonagoll as the candles floated into place above our heads.

“It looks perfect, I'll go see if the food is ready yet.” She started walking for the door before turning back to me. “Shouldn't you be getting ready for the Ball?” she walked away, leaving me in the Great Hall.

“Hey love,” George said, walking into the room, several bowls of punch floating behind him. He sent them toward on of the tables before coming over to me and wrapping his arms around me so that I was as close to him as possible.

“Hey,” I pecked his lips before pulling back, smirking as he pouted and leaned in again.

“Didn't you miss me?” he kissed me quickly once more.

“Of course I did, but I need to go get ready. We only have an hour,” I told him, a smile lighting up my face.

“You still need to tell me about your plan, Abs,” he told me, refusing to let me go. I rolled my eyes at him before stepping out of his arms.

“We can talk about that after tonight, I just need to relax for at least one night, besides I have big plans for tomorrow.”

“I'm sure you do,” I kissed him on the cheek before running off, hearing him groan in annoyance.

“You missed!” he yelled as I began heading for my room.

I slipped into a bubble bath, just wanting to forget about everything that was bothering me. All the teachers and death eaters had agreed to not do anything tonight because it was my party and they knew my dad wouldn't be happy if I was upset about how tonight went.

Before I got too wrinkly, I stepped out and dried off, slipping on the dress I had picked out for tonight. It was a black mermaid gown that had a lace appliqued corset and glitter placed on it.

After making sure they I looked okay, I slipped on the black mask and made sure it would stay in place the whole night.

To be honest, it felt odd wearing a mask again and being hidden behind it. I knew that everyone knew who I was now, but it didn't stop me from feeling a sense of security of no one being able to fully see me. Although I felt that security, it didn't stop me from wanting to rip it off. Masks would always be apart of me, but now that I knew the freedom without it, I realized that I didn't want to be trapped behind one yet again.

Taking a deep breath, I looked at the clock and saw that there was about 10 minute before people would start to trickle down in the room. Quickly, I rushed down to the Great Hall and saw that George was there as well. He was dressed in a black suit with a black mask as well, but his red hair automatically gave away who he was. He stood there, leaning against the door, as if blocking it from everyone's sight.

His eyes shot up and looked me up and down as I went over to him.

“You look beautiful,” he whispered, he pulled me close to him, keeping me close to him. “I'm guessing you want to see the completely finished room.” I could hear slow music coming from the room.

“Of course.” he opened the doors and I couldn't believe how amazing everything looked. It was as if we had stepped back in time with the room covered in candles, flowers and lace.

“Is it perfect?” he asked with a smile as he watched me scan the room in amazement.

“It's beyond perfect,” I threw my arms around him and pulled him down to me, pressing my lips against his. He refused to let me go this time, instead he forced my mouth open and kissed me as if I would disappear at any moment.