Unmasked Ch.8

Ch.8

                “Wow, what do we feed them all?” I asked, looking at the cages of squeaking pygmy puffs. There were rolling around and occasionally a tongue would slip out as if looking for something to eat. Bloom, was huddled in the pocket of my jeans, purring. Whenever I put my finger near her she would curl about it, her humming increasing.

                I was wearing a light pink, sequined, striped shirt. I had on light gray skinny jeans, light pink pumps with bows on the back, and pink and gold bangles. I left my hair with natural curls.

                “We think they’ll eat pretty much anything. We’re trying to test that.” Fred placed a plate of lettuce leaves, carrot sticks, and even small pieces of chicken in the cage, while handing me a few lettuce leaves as well for Bloom.  I looked down at my pocket when I felt movement and saw the Bloom had poked her head out. Her tongue came out, trying to reach the leaves. I took her out and watched her gobble down the leaves, and then he crept up onto my shoulder, cuddling next to my neck.

                I turned my attention to the cage of multi-colored fur balls and saw the entire plate of food had disappeared. “These are going to be huge sellers!” I said, pouring them water in a dish, while I poured a smaller dish of water for Bloom.

                “I know, who could ever resist their charm,” Fred said with a smile as he grabbed a dark green one and watched as it squeaked and curled in his hand, occasionally, his tongue would slip out.

                “True,” I said with a yawn. I could hear an almost snoring type sound coming from my shoulder.  “They are just too cute.” I said, looking down at Bloom.

                I headed back up to the apartment so I could put Bloom down on her new mini bed that was pretty much just a blanket. Once she was snuggled into the blanket, I headed back down to the guys, who were talking about a party.

                “What party?” I asked, stacking the now empty plates and turning to them.

                “We were just thinking about throwing a party here for the opening, that way we can draw some people in to see what this place is.” I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle.

                “I’m pretty sure no one’s going to be confused as to what this place is.” I gestured to our window displays. On the main window was a display of puking pastilles with a figurine we had enchanted to seem as if it were throwing up, although surrounding the figure was piles of puking pastilles. These were a huge seller for students so that they could get out of class.

                I noticed that both the boys had smirks on their faces. “Of course they’ll know what this place is, we just want to celebrate the work that went into this place.”

                “Fine, when are we throwing the party?”

                “Right after the school year ends. Then we can invite every over here that you haven’t been able to see all year.”

                “That would be great!” I said, pecking George on the lips before taking everything back upstairs. “You guys have to take care of them, you do realize that!”

                “We know, besides we have to make sure these keep reproducing. It’s going to be huge sellers.” They said as if left them to their work. I washed the dishes and then decided to go get the paper that was lying in front of our fireplace.