Unmasked Ch.24

***So sorry for the wait but I was really busy this week, I be sure to upload on friday as well. Hope you enjoy!***

Ch.24

“I don't understand how they could stick together after everything that's been thrown at them.”

“They love each other more than anyone could imagine. I'm his twin, I know this stuff. Everything that's been thrown at them has just made them stronger. They needed each other as soon as they met.”

I felt something stir from under me, causing me to move slightly before settling back down.

“Can you two just be quiet!” I heard George mumble, his arms pulling me closer even though it wasn't possible. I suddenly realized that I was laying on George, this didn't cause me to move at all. My eyes cracked open just enough that I could see a little. With a small smile on my face I moved slightly, kissing George on the cheek before nestling my face in the crook of his neck.

“Fine! We'll leave, but mum is going to be in here soon to make sure you're getting up,” I heard Charlie say.

“Yep, you know mum. It's almost 1, the only reason she let you all sleep in was because of what happened last night and how stressed you two must have been.” Fred said.

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” George said again. I opened my eyes again after I heard footsteps leaving the room. I moved slightly so that I could look up at him and was happy to see he had a smile on today.

“You seem happier than I thought you would be today.” I said, taking his hand in mine and intertwining our fingers.

“It's because your here. I know that I've lost an ear, but that's better than losing you.” he kissed me on the head and held me close to him. A smile spread across my face too.

“As adorable as the two of you are, I need you two to get up. The wedding is only in a month or so and I need everyone at the ready.” Mrs. Weasley said, coming into the room with her hands on her hips, a small smirk on her face. “Although if you two want, I can let you out of the routine today since you actually have a valid reason for not doing anything.”

“Yep, let's go love.” George said, glad that his mum was giving him an excuse to not help with any work. We both got up.

“Just make sure you're back for supper. Everyone's going to be here.” she gave us a smile because leaving the room.

Instead of going to my place we stopped at his apartment.

“I'm so glad you're safe,” I said when we entered the apartment.

“We still have a wedding ahead of us, there's no way I was going to miss having that.” he pecked me on the lips because going to change.

“I'll start making us some food and tea.”

“Thanks, love,” he said, before entering the other room.

I threw on some tea and began making grilled cheese. George came out just as I was placing the grilled cheese on a plate.

“You should go change too love, I'll take the tea off when it's ready.” I nodded before going and taking a shower. I threw on some clothes I had left over here.

I put on a thin, gray sweater pullover and a pair of light blue short shorts. I threw on a pair of gray heels and gold bangles. My hair was pulled into a ponytail and I didn't even bother putting on any makeup.

“You look pretty,” he said as I grabbed a cup of tea and my plate.

“Why, thank you,” I said. As I went to sit down he grabbed me and pulled me onto his lap. I raised my eyebrows at him.

“What? I just like knowing you're here with me no matter what.”

“Of course, I will always be here for you, just like I know you will always be there for me.” I kissed him on the lips once more before beginning to eat.

“I know you will.”

We spent most of the day joking around and I started helping him make some more love potions.

“I'm very tempted to use this on you,” I joked, waving the filled love potion bottle in front of me. This only caused him to laugh.

“Sure, but I'm pretty sure there's no way I could ever love you more than I do,” he placed up a few more bottles.

“Are you guys opening up again tomorrow?” I asked, wondering why the store was closed today.

“Yeah, we just felt like taking it easy today without the rush of customers. We'll be back and going to tomorrow.” he turned to me after he finished putting up his box of items, watching me put up a few more bottles.

“You guys are so lucky that you can do all that. There's nothing for me to do, I mean I've cleaned my house so many times it's ridiculous.” he chuckled and began picking up the empty boxes.

“Don't worry about that, my mum is probably going to have you help set up the wedding. You know she's trying to finish it as quick as possible.”

“True,” I said. To be honest, I couldn't wait until I had something to do. I'd spent way to long doing nothing, although I would take boring any day after what happened to George.

“I can't wait until our wedding day,” George said, coming up behind me, wrapping his arms around me tight.

“And why is that?”

“Because then you are officially mine, forever,” he kissed me on the cheek just as Fred and Angelina walked into the room. By now all our friends had learned about our engagement.

“Aren't the love birds adorable?” Fred cooed.

“Oh, stop making fun of them Fred.” Angelina said, slapping him on the arm.

“Fine, fine. Angie was wondering if you guys wanted to come over to eat?”

“Sure,” I said, glancing over at George to make sure he wanted to go. He shrugged, but I could tell he wanted to. After all, at this point we just wanted to keep our minds off of everything.