Unmasked Ch.4

Ch.4

(Skipping ahead a while later)

            George visited me often, and though I would occasionally turn to dark thoughts, he would help me through it. At times it felt as if I was helpless, but I began noticing that by staying positive and being around George, it helped me protect others.

            So, a few months later, I had completely finished the twin’s store and house. I had everything perfect and at this point I felt confident with what was going on around me.

            I was dressed in a cream skater dress that I paired with a light tailored jacket. My gray, high heeled sandals matched the outfit perfectly. I also put on a gold leaf cuff bracelet and a layered gold necklace.

            Today I had planned on cleaning up the store, dusting some so that I could keep my mind off all the trouble around me. I knew it was only a short time until George returned, but I also knew my father had a plan and that I had no choice but to help unless I wanted everyone to see I wasn’t really supporting this. 

            All of a sudden there was a pop right upstairs, causing me to jump and tighten my grip on the wand. I crept over to the staircase, quietly making my way up them. I was used to walking in heels after all these years, so I easily made it up the stairs without even a creak. As soon as I was about to open the door, it swung open.

            “I’m guessing you weren’t expecting me.” I jumped straight into George’s arms, surprising him slightly, but he grabbed ahold of me just as tight. “I missed you.” he murmured in my ear, pulling me closer even though it wasn’t that possible.

            “I missed you to. You realize that you haven’t been able to visit for three weeks now. I was getting worried about you.” he looked down at me, his eyes lit up like usual.

            “You won’t have to worry about that anymore.” He told me, setting me down on the ground.

            “What do you mean?”

            “SURPRISE!” Fred shouted, shoving George out of the way so that he was now in front of me. I gave him a smile and pulled him in for a hug.

            “Now I defiantly wasn’t expecting you.” I said, walking into the apartment and over to their kitchen. I poured us all some tea that I had put on the stove earlier. “Now what do you mean about not having to worry about you not visiting me?” I asked him, handing them each a mug and sitting down at the breakfast counter.

            “Well, Umbridge was getting on everyone’s nerves.” George started.

            “And helped kick out Dumbledore!” Fred interrupted.

            “What!? How come no one told me about this?”

            “We weren’t allowed to make any contact outside of Hogwarts, it was one of her new rules.” George said in disgust.

            “So George and I decided to leave and leave a little gift for everyone to remember us by.” They both had a smirk on their faces now.

            “To sum it up, we got expelled, but it was worth it. Now we can stay here, open up the shop and follow our dreams. We have everything planned out, and I even brought some more supplies. Plus, I’ll be able to see you each day.” He told me with a smile. “Everything works out.”

            “Fine,” I said, sighing as I noticed both of their smiles lighting up their faces. I noticed their luggage lying on the floor next to their brooms. “I guess I should show you all your rooms.” I got up and began walking to Fred’s room, knowing that they were close behind me. “Here we are.” I swung the door open and began walking to George’s room.

            “You seem a little tense today.” George commented as he entered his room.

            “You guys should have a least warned me that you were coming.”

            “I know, I know. I’m sorry about that, but look at it this way. Now we’ll be able to see each other each day.” He jumped onto the bed and motioned me to lie down next to him. I did exactly that, curling up into his side.

            “We have to start putting everything up if we’re going to be opening soon.” I told him.

            “True, but for now, I’m tired.” He pulled me closer and we both drifted off to sleep.

            “I don’t appreciate not being invited to the sleepover!” someone said loudly, jerking me awake. George groaned next to me and instead of moving, pulled me tighter against him.  “This isn’t right. If Abby is going to be staying with us, you better be spending time with me too!” I opened my eyes sometimes and had to hold back a giggle when I noticed Fred was playfully glaring down at both George and I.

            “Awwwwwww! It’s OK Fred, besides, I’m going to have to stay at my place some nights anyway.” At the sound of that George sat upright, pulling me with him.

            “What?”

            “I’m going to have to stay at my house sometimes. Just because I’m not actually evil, doesn’t mean I don’t have to act like it. Some days I’ll have to stay at my house to find out if we have meetings or not. Let’s not talk about that now though. Shouldn’t you guys be looking at the shop?” I asked them with a smile. They both jumped up to their feet and began running downstairs. Knowing that they would be hungry considering what happened earlier today, I went into the kitchen and began to cook them spaghetti.

            “It looks amazing.” George said, coming up behind me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

            “I’m glad you like how it turned out. By the way, how are you going to tell your mum about everything that’s happened?” I could feel him shrug.

            “I have no idea, but I’m sure everything will end up fine.”

            “Oh, she’s going to be mad alright. She always had huge expectations after our brothers, but now that we quit school she’s going to be even madder.” Fred said, coming into the room. I was just finishing up and had plated all the food.

            “I’m sure she’ll understand after a little while. Once she sees how happy you are doing this, she’ll realize this is what you were supposed to do.”

            “Hopefully.” George said with a sigh.

            “Sometimes it’s like she doesn’t really understand what we want to do with our lives.” Fred finished.

            “Maybe she just wants to protect you from everything. She actually helped me fix this place up.” I told them, taking in their surprised faces. “She’s turned out to be a lot nicer then I originally thought. She really does care about all of you, no matter what you want to do with your lives. It seems like she wants to support you even if she doesn’t entirely believe you should be doing that.”

            “Well maybe that means we’ll be able to get off the hook.” Said George.

            “That would be nice.” Fred said.

            “Well, hopefully that’s true because I’m making sure you go visit her tomorrow.” They both froze.

            “What?” they said at the same time.

            “You heard me. You don’t want her to find out about this from anyone except for you. If she does find out about this from someone else, she might not be so happy about that.”

            “Fine,” said George, pulling me closer to him. “You have to come too though.”

            “Of course.”