Unmasked Ch.11

Ch. 11

(A Week Later)

                “Stop looking at me like that!” I said making sure the mask I had on looked good with my outfit. I had on a short white dress with a sweetheart neckline. Sheer fabric gave it a high neckline, but still kept the dress simple. Dangling diamond earrings, white strappy heels and windswept hair finished the look.

                “Are you sure you want to go dressed like that?” asked George.

                “You do realize I always wear a dress while fighting.”

                “What if you have to move to avoid a spell?”

                “I can move quite fast in a dress and I’m really good at spells George. Even if I do get hit, everything will be fine.”

                “Fine,” he pecked me on the cheek. “I’ll wait up for you. Make sure Ron and Ginny stay safe too. I know they’ll follow Harry anywhere.”

                “Of course,” I closed my eyes and when I opened them I noticed I was in the department of mysteries. Although I had been mentally preparing myself for what would be happening next I was still extremely worried about what would happen next.

                “I see you’re ready and peppy!” Bella said, walking over to me with a smirk.

                “I don’t need sarcasm right now Bella. We have to stay serious!”

                “Whatever,” she said. “Shouldn’t we go hide before the boy shows up?”

                “Yeah, where are the others?” I asked as she began to lead me to the corner of the room. with a quick wave of her hand I noticed that a passage way had appeared.

                “They’re in there, but we need you to cast a spell with us so that we can fully hide this wall from everyone else.”

                “That’s okay,” I said as I entered the small hall that led to nowhere and saw a quite a few people that wore hooded cloaks and death eater masks.  “I hope you all are ready?”

                They all nodded; pointing their wands at the entrance, mine doing the exact same thing. I could hear them muttering spells under their breath, trying hard to create a perfect wall that would hide us. Once we were certain that we were hidden from sight, but still had a good view, we waited.

                “Be careful Abs,” Salvador whispered in my ear.

                “As long as you watch over everyone, I won’t make too many rash decisions.”

                “You know I’m not letting anyone near Elena, and I’ll make sure nothing too serious happens to any of the Weasleys. We can’t jump in and protect everyone though, we can’t give ourselves away.” he whispered, making sure that no one around us would be able to hear.

                “Of course, besides the only way we can protect everyone is if we don’t give it away completely.” I mumbled back just as we heard footsteps and faint voices yelling toward each other. “It’s time; make sure you are completely sure that they have the right prophecy.”

                All of us crept out of the shadows, though Sal and I stayed farther back from the group so we could keep an eye on things. Once they were all heading toward Harry, Sal and I began looking for Elena. We began hearing screams and shouting and I knew that Harry had found it.