Awkwardness

You swallowed hard. Did you misheard somethinng? Did he say that he...likes you?? His fansnow  focus on both of you and you felt awkward. You need to recover the situation quickly before they could ask further questions. 

"Ahaha! You're joking right? I know you are. Hahaha. You wouldn't like a girl like me. I'm...uh...just..uh..," You tried to think of a word to describe yourself.

"A geek girl?" Someone said from behind us.

"Y..ya! Some weird geek girl! I'm sure you like someone pretty unlike me. Everyone, he's just joking," I joked fakingly which led me to embarrassment.

"Quick recovery," Someone said from behind.

I turned my head to see who it was and Myung Soo stood there.

"Oppa? How..? When did you get here? I thought you were already in school,?" I asked in confusion.

"I forgot to take something to school," He casually said while looking at Jinyoung.

"What is he doing here with you?" He asked once again.

"Uh..he...I just met him while I'm walking to school," I lied.

Myung Soo and Jinyoung just stared at each other. There was an awkward silence. You decided to break the silence by saying,

"Ah! Look at the time! C'mon guys! We need to hurry up before we got detention!" I grabbed Myung Soo's hand.

Jinyoung looked at the both of you and sighed. He walked behind the both of you and listened to his mp3.

==================

Upon arriving school, you went straight to class and slouched on your chair. Your best friend saw you and approached you.

"Annyeong bestie," she smiled.

"Annyeong," You waved.

"What happened to you?" She asked.

"Nothing," you sighed.

"Yah. NAM SUYONG, I know there's something wrong and you can't keep it from me," She folded her arms.

I tried to give her smile and kept repeating there's nothing wrong.

"Fine. If you want to keep it this way. Some best friend you are," She tried to pull an angry face, stood up and decided to walk over to her place.

I saw her angry face and pulled her back to her seat next to me.

"Mianhae. I just...did not feel good today. I hope you understand," You said.

"What happened?" She asked.

"Can I tell you other time? I just need to clear my thoughts for now," You looked at her.

"Okay. When you're ready, tell me okay?" She put her hand on my shoulder. I just smiled at her and rested my head on the table while waiting for our teacher to come in.

===============

During break, there is a commotion in the canteen. You and Yewon went to see what's the commotion about. Suddenly someone called them over.

"Yewon-ah! Suyong-ah! Come here!" Hoya asked them to come over to squeeze into the crowd.

"Hoya oppa, what's all this?" Yewon asked.

"They are organising a dance festival during this special day - Valentine's Day. Isn't that awesome?" Hoya seemed excited.

"Dance festival?" You wondered.

"Anyone can participate?" You asked.

"Anyone," Someone said from behind.

I turned around to see who it was. Baro smiled and waved.

"Suyong nonna, you joining?" Gong Chan asked.

"A-Ani..Just asking..," You flustered.

Suddenly your eyes met with Jinyoung's eyes. Your heart suddenly pumped faster by looking at him. You quickly looked away and pretended to be talking to Yewon about some stuff. Jinyoung sighed.

========

After school, you decided to head home . Yewon caught up with you and linked arms with you.

"So, are you joining?" She asked.

"Joining what?" I asked.

"Join the dance festival," She said.

"Think not," I blurted.

"Waeyo?" She asked.

"I'm not a good dancer and I would make a fool out of myself!" You told her.

"Yah! I'm not too but I wanna dance in that festival. Dance with me please," she pleaded and gave a pouted face.

Upon seeing her pouted face, I know I was defeated. I slowly agreed to dance with her. What did I get myself into?!