Chapter 28 - Come Back

Chapter 28 – Come Back

A/N This didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. Sorry if it's anti-climactic.

Lydia's POV

"A kidney already? I only got admitted last week!" Ivy exclaimed. I was shocked too. The waiting list here in Australia was years long. Ivy had decided that once the boys got back from the tour she was going to get them to ship over all her stuff from England back to Australia. She decided that she wanted to be home, here, and wait to see if a kidney popped up. Thank god Pickle convinced her to go on dialysis other wise she would've keeled over before there was even a chance she would receive one. Pickle was really good at convincing anyone of anything.

"Yes, it is quite fast. However, one of the patients here at the hospital decided to donate one of their kidneys' to you" the doctor explained.

"Wait, what patient? Do we know them?" I asked.

"No, you don't know them. They overheard me talking about you and thought you'd be worthy of their kidney and luckily they matched you Ivy. And before you ask the woman has asked to remain anonymous until after the surgery." He finished strongly leaving no room for argument. I wish I knew who this person was. I would thank them over and over again for saving my best friend.

"So when do I have surgery? A couple days?" Ivy said.

"Well it's 11:30am now so… about 5 this afternoon." He replied like it was no big deal that the surgery of Ivy's life was only 5 and ½ hours away.

"What!" We yelled at the same time.

"Miss Donovan, you have to understand that this person has not got much time left and wishes for this to happen as soon as possible. Are you fine to do this or not?" the doctor said while glancing at his watch, obviously needing to get to other patients.

"Yes… yes that's fine" Ivy nodded.

"Good, a nurse will be round to prepare you at about 4. You have nothing to worry about" he smiled before disappearing out the door.

We sat in silence for a moment, just taking what happened in. Ivy was getting a kidney; she was going to be okay! "Yay! Ivy you're going to be okay!" I did a happy dance while Ivy laughed at me. "We have to go tell Pickle!"

"I just text her asking if we could come around but she replied to me saying not to come back today, either of us, because she just found out she has tests all day and the doctor doesn't want any visitors. I just sent her the news instead" Ivy smiled. 20 seconds later her phone went off alerting us to the fact Pickle had replied. Ivy picked up her phone, read over the text and then burst out laughing. I gave her a questioning look and she just shook her head while throwing her phone at me. I caught it and started laughing at Nicole's response too.

To: Ivy

From: Pickle

Can I here a WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Bitches watch out because Ivy is making a come back! I hope your new kidney is as awesome as you! Speaking of which, CAN SOMEBODY TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE SEXY BEAST THAT'S GIVING MY BEST FRIEND A KIDNEY? I WANT TO GO ATTACK THEM WITH HUGS AND AWESOMENESS!

Only Nicole could reply like that. God love her! I tossed her back her phone and settled even more into my chair. "Oh! We better tell the others, shouldn't we?" Ivy exclaimed.

"Yeah we better… did you just want to tweet it or call them?" I asked.

"Let's tweet it first, I mean. If I called Louis it would take him forever to get everyone together and talk. So we'll tweet it and then they'll sort themselves out and call us" she pulled out her phone and started to tweet. It came up on my timeline; I'm now getting a new kidney #JustSaying. "And now we wait." She sighed and true enough 5 minutes later her phone was going off. Ivy put it on speaker and I answered.