Chapter 13 - Goodbye Ivy

Chapter 13 – Goodbye Ivy

Niall’s POV

“You what!” They all yelled. They started asking what had happened how I could do it to Clare.

“Let me explain! So at the New Year’s Eve party I went to was full of my old friends and my ex-girlfriend Lauren was there. We all got super drunk and I’m not sure how but one second I was inside dancing and the next we were kissing” I rested my head in my hands. “I didn’t anything of it... I mean I didn’t think anyone had seen but the next day I went on twitter and there was a picture all over the internet. You guys haven’t been on twitter in two days so you didn’t know. And Clare doesn’t have it, so she doesn’t know yet. I don’t know what to do!” I let out a shaky breath. I never thought I would do something like this, especially to Clare. I love her so much.

“You screwed up man” Zayn muttered.

“You don’t think I know that? What do I do guys?” I raised my head to see their disappointed expressions.

“You need to tell her” Liam said after a minute.

“But she’ll hate me!” I said, tears threatening to brim over.

“She’ll hate you more if you don’t” he reasoned. The other boys had stayed silent.

“Okay I’ll tell her tonight after dinner, I don’t want to ruin her day with the girls. But you guys believe me don’t you? You know I didn’t do it on purpose”

“We believe you that you were drunk and it didn’t mean anything. But Niall will Clare see it that way?” Harry shrugged. I didn’t say anything stood up and went to my room. I shut the door. Why did I have to screw it all up?

Clare’s POV

The girls and I fell into the boy’s hotel room for dinner that night laughing our heads off. Louis head popped into the entryway, he saw us on the ground and grinned. “What’s so funny?” that just made us laugh harder. After 6 minutes of straight laughing we stood up wiping the tears from our eyes.

We walked into the lounge room and a weird kind of tension hung in the air. I shrugged it off and sat down next to Niall. “Hey guys, where’s Larry Stylinson at?” I asked.

“Getting dinner it should be done soon” Liam said and rolled his eyes at my term for their bromance.

“Here it is” Louis yelled as he and Harry started to carry in plates with taco’s on them. All the boys had 2 each and Ivy, Lydia and I had one. I glanced at Lydiee and she was not happy, she liked her food in abundance.

“Hey Harry is there any left?” Lydia asked.

“Yeah one why?” he looked up from his food as she got up from the couch, coming back with the other taco on her plate.

“You guys need to learn to feed me better” she shook her head and started eating her food. After dinner Ivy excused herself to go to the bathroom. I frowned to myself; she disappeared to the bathroom after most meals. I shook the thought of my mind she couldn’t have what I thought she did.

“Heeeeeeey Lyyyyyyyydia” Louis drawled once Ivy had reappeared.

“Yeeeeeeeeeeessss Loooooooooooooouuuuuuuuiiisss” she said back.

“Am I still your favourite?” he grinned. I smirked at Lydia as she looked down and blushed. Louis had pinned her into admitting her feelings for Zayn.

“No, you’re second now” she said curtly and then looked at anyone but Zayn.

“Awww who is first then?”

“What are you in primary school?” she muttered.

“Yes we are in fact, now answer the question!” I looked at Lydia who looked at Ivy who looked at me. Grins all creeping up onto our faces.

“No don’t say it!” Ivy pleaded giggles already escaping her lips.

“This wouldn’t happen at a private school!” Lydia yelled and soon all of us were literally on the floor laughing.

“That is the second time tonight! What are you guys laughing about?” Louis asked.

“You had to be there” I managed to get out between laughs. Again we finally stopped laughing.

“Oh in answer to your question my new favourite is Zayn” Lydia winked with new found confidence. She was such a flirt.

“Shit I got to go!” Ivy exclaimed standing up and putting her phone in her pocket.

“What now?” I said.

“Yeah otherwise I’ll be late” she saw the boys confused expressions “I have to get back to the institute by curfew because I can’t stay out again. So I guess this is goodbye” grabbing her bag from the floor that she brought up with her.

We all walked to the door. The boys all hugged her. “I’m going to miss you so much Ivy!” I wrapped my arms around her.

“It’s not goodbye forever. Just text me when you’re here next” she laughed. She hugged Lydia and then she was gone. Ivy had become one of my best friends and I was going to miss her heaps. She was going to be an amazing dancer.

“Guys I’m just going to go to bed, you coming Clare?” Lydia asked from the doorway.

“Yeah coming, we’ll see you tomorrow at lunch. I’m drained” I pecked Niall on the lips. “Love you babe”

“Love you too, night Lydia.” All the other boys gave him a sideways glance but didn’t say anything. I looked them up and down but again ignored it. Something’s wrong I thought none the less but I shook my head to clear the thought.

Niall’s POV

So I choked, I didn’t do it. Could you blame me? She was already upset about Ivy leaving and I didn’t want to make it worse. I shut myself up in my room before the boys could chew me out about not telling her. I would tell her tomorrow. Too bad I didn’t know then that it was going to be too late.