Chapter 10 - New Years Eve Party

Chapter 10 – New Years Eve Party

Clare’s POV

It was when I woke up Boxing Day that I realized he hadn’t called. I had gotten off the couch where Lydia, Ivy and I had fallen asleep and gone for a shower. When I came back out the other two were ordering breakfast. I yelled the shower was free and Ivy dashed over and grabbed a towel. Lydiee grabbed another towel and went to the other bathroom.

I walked over to my phone and checked it. After we met Ivy yesterday I hadn’t looked at it at all. So when I unlocked it said I had 6 new messages. Liam, Louis, Harry and Zayn’s were all hilarious. Mum and Dad’s were nice and obviously Valerie didn’t reply. But then I realized there was nothing from Niall, weird.

I sent him a text saying good morning but I didn’t get a reply. Now I was starting to worry, I called his phone but there was no answer. I text Harry to see if he had heard from Niall since yesterday but he said he hadn’t. I forced myself to calm down and breathe.

Once the girls came out from the bathrooms I forgot about it and just had fun. We watched movies, went shopping and had very girly days. We did that nearly all week. I still hadn’t heard from Niall 5 days later. But I didn’t let myself freak-out, I just convinced myself that he had no signal to call. I was in full denial mode.

It was New Year’s Eve and we had Ivy’s party tonight. She said she had rented, with help from her sister, a club for the occasion. We were all prepping ourselves for the night. Lydia had on a purple boob tube dress and killer black heels that I knew she was going to regret in a couple of hours.

Ivy had gone back to her dorm yesterday to get her stuff so she could sleep over tonight; she was wearing a black one shouldered dress that came to half way down her thigh. She also had on heels but then said she wouldn’t complain too much because pointe shoes hurt more. I was wearing a red halter neck dress that was the same length as Ivy’s and sandals because I liked my feet intact.

“You ready to go?” I called from the lounge. They were applying make-up and taking forever to do it too.

“Yep let’s go!” Ivy called. The party didn’t start for another half hour but Ivy had to get there early to check that everything was okay. We walked out and hailed down a cab.

9:00pm

People started to fill the club. I met Jenny, Ivy’s roommate and she was really awesome. We talked books while waiting for the party to pick up some pace. We mingled for about an hour and then the drinks started flowing.

10:00pm

The party was in full swing and it was awesome. Ivy and Jen were tearing it up on the dance floor and Lydia and I were sitting at the bar. Then our song came on, it was ‘Hangover’ by Taio Cruz. We ran over and started dancing like lunatics. “I got a hangover!” we sang at the top of our lungs. It was insane.

11:59 pm

I found Lydia in the crowd and grabbed her hand. “Next year will be the best year of our lives!” I yelled over the music.

“Pinkie promise?” she held up her pinkie.

“Pinkie promise!” I screamed and wrapped my finger around hers. “10…9…8…7…6…5…4…3…2…1… HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!” We said together. “Pinch and a punch for the first day of the month” I smiled.

“Slap and a kick for being so quick” she laughed. The rest of the night was a blur, I remember partying to 2am and then collapsing on my bed once we got back to the hotel. But what happened in the 2 hours is a mystery to me.