Chapter 12 - Pancakes

Zayn’s POV

I woke up the next morning to the smell of pancakes; I rubbed my eyes and sat up. Everyone else was still dead to the world except for Lydia who was no where in sight. I stood up and wandered into the kitchen to see her cooking pancakes. “Where did you get those ingredients for them?” I asked from the doorway.

“Geez Zayn you sure know how to give a girl a heart attack! I got these from Clare’s room downstairs, they are shake and bake or in this case fry ones” she grinned and flipped the pancake over. I leaned on the bench next to her.

“Last night was fun, especially the last part” I whispered in her ear. I smirked as her cheeks coloured remembering how we fell asleep on each other.

“I’m sure I don’t know what you mean” she said and poured another pancake into the pan.

Last night nothing happened, we didn’t kiss or anything but I loved hanging out with Lydia. She was funny, beautiful and always knew what she wanted. I really liked her and I was pretty sure she feels the same. I tucked a piece of her hair behind her ear without thinking. She froze at my actions and then turned to face me.

She studied my face for what felt like an eternity before she let her eyes drop to my lips and then back to my eyes. I took that as my cue, we leaned in slowly and just as we were about to kiss Harry burst into the kitchen. We jumped apart. “Guys! Oh umm okay, awkward much… I’ll come back later then” he winked at me before he left and I sighed, great timing Haz. When I turned back Lydia was preoccupied with the pancakes, cheeks as red as Ivy’s hair.  I left.

Lydia’s POV

I heard the door swing closed after Zayn. I had almost kissed Zayn. Zayn almost kissed me. HOLY FUDGE MUFFINS, ZAYN MALIK WAS GOING TO KISS ME! What did it mean? I assuming it meant he likes me, but then where did that leave us? Were we still friends, girlfriend/boyfriend, a fling, friends with benefits? I was so confused I needed help.

I stuck my head out the door of kitchen. Clare was getting all lovey dovey on the couch with Niall *insert sick noise*. I’m not a fan of PDA’s, and Ivy was talking to Harry and Louis. I avoided looking at Zayn though I know her was looking at me. “Clare, Ivy come here please” I called nicely. Ivy heard me and excused herself from the boys but Clare was still in her bubble. “Clare, I need your help” I said again.

“I’m busy and you know I suck at cooking” she waved me off. Oh no she didn’t!

“Clare Eloise Liana this is a code purple, I repeat code purple problem. Urgent assistance required!” I yelled that got her attention. Code purple was boy trouble and then we had different colours for different things. *

“Wait you have a code purple problem?” she asked dumbfounded.

“Yes now get your butt over here before I drag you off lover boy over there” I pointed sharply at her and she started to move.

“Wait what’s code purple?” Harry asked perplexed.

“The opposite of code orange” Clare said.

“Then what’s a code orange?”

“Basically the same as a code pink” I shrugged.

“Then what’s a code pink?” he sighed.

“Something that the subjects of code purples tend to avoid” Ivy called from behind me; we taught her the code ages ago. I laughed, it was so true.

“What’s a code green then?” Harry smirked. Clare had walked into the kitchen now and was now just waiting for me to shut the door.

“Don’t be silly Styles, there is no such thing. Code green just sounds ridiculous” I snorted and shut the door.

“So what is this all about?” Clare asked and then I launched into the whole story starting from last night and going until Harry burst in on us. “Wow Lydiee that is intense”

“I know and now I am freaking out here because I have no idea what to do” I cried and leaned on the bench.

“How about we eat breakfast here and then have a girl day, okay? We need to clear our skulls a bit and I’m sure the boys want to catch up.” Ivy suggested Clare agreed and that’s what we did. I finished up the pancakes and soon we were all eating. Once we finished the three of us went back to Clare’s room and girly stuff such as manicures, pedicures etc.

Niall’s POV

Once the girls left, I decided it was time to tell the boys. “Guys I have something to tell you” I said. They all nodded for me to go on. I took a deep breath and continued. “I cheated on Clare in Ireland”