Chapter 14 - Discoveries

Chapter 14 – Discoveries

Niall’s POV

“You can stop looking at me like that I’m going” I muttered at the boys. They had been giving me knowing looks ever since I had got up and after breakfast I finally gave in. I shut the door behind me and wandered down towards the elevators.

I walked to her door and took a deep breathe to calm myself. I will be okay, Clare loves you, you love her. You were drunk and not thinking. It was a mistake and you know that. You aren’t keeping it a secret so it will all be okay. I slowly raised my fist and knocked. It flew open immediately.

“Oh hi Lydia, is Clare here?” I said trying to keep the urgency out of my voice.

“Oh bugger, you just missed her she went to get some coffee. I would ask you in but I’m going to the gym to burn off the past week of indulgences” she patted her stomach and then proceeded to locked the door after her.

“I’ll walk you to the elevator then” I grinned.

“Hey Niall can I ask you a question?” she was blushing and looking down.

“Sure, go for it”

“Ummm, okay this is awkward but does Zayn ever talk about me?” it all came out in a rush but I still caught it.

“Only all the time, trust me, you have nothing to worry about!” I laughed.

“Good to know” she nodded. We were at the elevator “Well I’m off to pump some iron, catch you later Nialler” she waved her hand as the elevator door s closed. I jumped in the other elevator and made my way back to my room.

All the boys were waiting for me. I told them Clare wasn’t there, they all looked disappointed but knew it wasn’t my fault and how bad I felt about her not knowing yet. I needed to see her now, the longer it was put off the heavier the weight on my shoulders got.

Clare’s POV

I pushed open the door and stepped out into the freezing London winter air; times like this I really missed the Cairns sun. I wrapped my fingers around my coffee to try to get some feeling back into them but it wasn’t working too well.

I turned the last corner and could see the hotel 100 metres away. I was picking up my pace towards it when I was swamped by paparazzi. I kept walking but they walked with me and this time, unlike last time, I could understand what they were saying.

“Clare, Clare are you and Niall still in a relationship after what happened over the holiday season?” I stopped dead in my tracks and faced the reporter who posed the question.

“What happened over the break?” I asked.

“What are your thoughts on the photo of Niall and his ex?” his beady eyes searched my face.

“What photo?”

“This photo” he held up his phone so I could see. It was Niall kissing some blonde haired girl who the reporter said was his ex-girlfriend Lauren. My stomach twisted in pain. I felt sick, the coffee dropped from my hands as I pushed my way through the rest of the paparazzi.

I stumbled through the hotel door and ran up the 9 flights of stairs to my room. I struggled to unlock the door and then slammed it shut behind me. I wasn’t sad or upset. I was angry, no scratch that. I was pissed. How could he do this to me? He promised he never would. He lied. I picked up a near by vase and hurled it at the wall. It broke into a million pieces but I didn’t care.

Loathing and disgust bubbled up inside me making my anger even more potent. I had trusted him. I put my heart on the line for him, but he was just like Jack. I saw the guitar he gave me leaning against the wall.

I picked it up by the handle, used all my force and hit it on the tiled floor. I showed him my music. I smashed it again. I wrote a song for him. I hit it again and again until nothing was left of the guitar or my anger. Grief and betrayal washed over me.

Why? On that date was the first time I hadn’t listened to that voice, it told me not to take the chance, why is it the one time I ignore that stupid little voice my life goes to hell? Tears streamed down my face as I collapsed in a heap behind the couch.

Pain coursed through my chest as sobs racked through my body and I could feel my heart breaking in two. What Niall had done hurt more then what Jack did. Maybe it was because it was the second time or maybe it was because I thought he would never hurt me like this. I wasn’t sure if I would ever be the same.

I knew I was never going to be able to look him in the eye again with pain. I knew I wasn’t going to be the same. My throat was dry and sore but the tears kept coming pouring down my face making a small puddle on the floor.

Lydia’s POV

I was so dead. I was never going to do gym again, no matter how fat I get. But I said that every time. I opened the door to the room and gasped at what I saw. A shattered vase was on the floor. What caught my eye though was the guitar lying obliterated on the tiles. Some how I automatically knew it was the one Niall gave Clare.

Nothing was left of it except for the handle, the snapped strings hanging of it. I looked wildly around until my eyes landed on the crumpled heap that was my best friend. I ran over and knelt beside her. “Clare what happened, what did he do?” I whispered frantically. I picked her up off the floor and got her to the couch. I wrapped my arms around her.

“Keep him away, don’t let him in” she managed to choke out, then she just cried into my shoulder.

Half an hour later she fell to sleep from exhaustion. I gently laid her down and threw a near by blanket over her. I knew she wasn’t sleeping soundly though because one lone tear slid down her cheek. I grabbed my phone and went on twitter. I hadn’t been on there since I got to London. I immediately went to Niall’s page. One tweet caught my eye.

@NiallOffical what are doing? Are you still going out with Clare?

I tapped the link for the picture. And there it was, the picture that made me lose it, a picture of Niall kissing some blonde haired girl. I warned him. I was so angry. I stormed out of the hotel room. The elevator was too slow so I ran up the stairs.

Hatred bubbled up inside of me as I approached the boy’s door. I didn’t knock, I just pushed through. All the boys that were lounging on the couch looked up as I slammed the door. I could feel the anger inside me. I flexed my fingers.

“Where is he?” I growled, trying to sound calm, key word being tried.

“Who?” Zayn asked looking confused. Just then Niall walked in from the kitchen.

“Oh hi Lydia is Clare back?” That was it. I snapped. I walked towards him and before he could react I had punched him in the face. He fell to the ground clutching the left side of his face.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO HER?!” I screamed as I stalked towards him. I was about to kick him in the stomach when I was pulled back by Louis and Harry. “LET GO OF ME!!” I yelled as I struggled against them. Zayn and Liam were helping Niall sit up.

“What the hell Lydia?” Liam asked.

“He cheated on her! You complete asshole Niall, she trusted you. She loved you! You knew how much it would hurt her after Jack.” I felt the boys loosen their grip.

“Wait Clare found out about the Niall and Lauren?” Louis said. I froze and pulled from his and Harry’s grasp. I stumbled backwards.

“Wait you guys knew?” I whispered. They all nodded.

“Lydia, please?” Zayn tried to touch me but I pulled back before he could.

“Don’t touch me. That’s it you are never to come near me or Clare again. Stay away. If I even see any of you again I will do more then punch you. I can’t believe I thought you could take care of her Niall” I shook my head and left.

I made my way back to our room. Zayn hadn’t told me, I don’t know why I cared so much it’s not like we were anything. I hoped Clare was okay but I knew it was going to be hard for her to come back from this.