Chapter 17 - Alyce and the Assignment

Chapter 17 – Alyce and the Assignment

Clare’s POV

“How you holding up?” Lydiee asked me as we moved my last box of stuff into my dorm. It was now the 1st of February and I started classes at the conservatorium tomorrow. She was helping move my stuff. It had been 26 days since I talked to Niall or any of the One Direction boys, Lydia hadn’t talked to them either.

“I’m nervous as all hell.” I smiled weakly.

“You’ll be fine you’re amazing. Sorry but I got to get back. I get to ice a wedding cake today!” she gave me a hug and then left me to unpack the rest of my stuff. Lydia loved her apprenticeship. Said it was the most exciting this she’d done in ages.

I glanced around my new home for the next 2 years. It was pretty good, bunk beds to one side and two desks opposite them. There was walk in wardrobe and a door to our own bathroom. I started to unpack as I waited for my roommate.

I missed Niall, not that I would admit it to anyone other then Lydia. She figured out a week after I got back. But she wasn’t angry at me she knew I couldn’t help it.  I missed his hugs and how he made me feel safe. I missed his eyes and how I just fell into them. I missed… him.

But I was not going to call. If he ignores me, I’ll ignore him. If he doesn’t start conversation, we won’t talk. If he doesn’t make the effort, why should I? Well you did tell him to leave… as usual the voice made an irritatingly good point but I shoved it into the back of my mind.

I let out a sigh, he probably hadn’t thought about me at all. He was probably prepping for their tour that was coming up in April, having the time of his life. I’m not one to go on about my own pain so I’ll put it this way; without Niall I felt hollow.

Niall’s POV

It’s been 26 since I talked to her last. I missed Clare so much but I only had myself to blame. I hated going out now, even to Nando’s. I should call her, but I don’t. Maybe I’m scared of what she will yell at me or maybe I’m just scared she will have forgotten me already.

I want her to forgive me; I need her to forgive me. But I’m not going to think about it anymore. I’m not going think about the fact that I love her, I’m not going to think about the fact that I’m always going to. But mostly I’m not going to think about the fact that without Clare around I feel hollow.

Clare’s POV

“Excuse me is this Room 13?” I voice said behind me. I put down my pillow and turned around.

“Sure is, are you my new roomie?” I smiled. The girl in front of me wasn’t tall but wasn’t tall either. He skin had a slight tan but was completely blemish free except for a beauty spot on he chin. She plopped her suitcases down on the floor.

“Must be” she grinned and held out her hand “I’m Alyce Wright”

“I’m Clare Liana, sorry I already kind of stole the bottom bunk” I shook her hand.

“No it’s cool, wanted the top anyway. Oh thanks guys you can just leave it there.” A box and mini fridge were placed at the door by 2 men. When Alyce turned around though what really caught my attention was her hair. It was really long, it went to below her lower back and wasn’t blonde but not brow either, like a gold kind of colour. “Yeah my parents made a donation to the room” she laughed as she patted to top of the fridge.

“I like your parents. Shall we put it between the desks?” she nodded and we moved it into place. I helped her unpack her stuff and then we were sitting on my bed getting to know each other.