Chapter 19 - It's going to be okay

Chapter 19 – It’s going to be okay

Clare’s POV

“Get out of my way, move!” Lydia hollered at the girls in the way. We were rushing forward in the crowd, which wasn’t very far. Coping Niall we clambered over the barricades and then jumped up on stage. Louis had rushed to Ivy’s side and carried her off stage as soon as she collapsed. Now we had to find a way to get to her.

“Down here!” Alyce yelled as she pointed to the back right hand corner of the stage. My heart pounded with worry as we scrambled down the hall way trying to find her and the boys. Please be okay Ivy.

Lydia and I were completely frantic as we looked in every open door, but nothing was found. But then up ahead I saw a security guard in front of a door letting paramedics into the room. “Down there! Move!” I yelled and sprinted towards the room. I reached for the handle but the security guard stepped in the way.

“Sorry miss you can’t go in there” He said pushing me back slightly.

“Get the fuck out of my way, that’s my cousin in there!” Lydia screamed right in his face. He looked uneasy but didn’t move.

“I can’t miss I’m sorry”

“Like hell you can’t!” Lydia replied angrily and then kicked him where the sun doesn’t shine. He doubled over and we were able to get into the room. The paramedics were just lifting Ivy up on a stretcher and carrying her out.

“Sir you can’t come you are not family” the male one said to Louis who wanted to get in the ambulance.

“I’m her cousin I’m coming” Lydia said and jumped in the back before they could protest. They slammed the doors shut and then sped away. I don’t know how long I stood there with Alyce at my side watching the space where the ambulance had been. She had my hand in a firm grip and though she didn’t know Ivy she knew that Ivy meant a lot to me.

I could hear Louis stressed and worried voice behind me but I didn’t turn around. I could hear Liam, Zayn and Harry trying to calm him down. I heard Niall calling my name and Alyce gently tugging on my arm but I didn’t move.

I was in a weird sort of trance. I knew I was in it, and I knew that I should snap out of it but I couldn’t. I wouldn’t call it shock, it was different. I ran through things in my head. Ivy had collapsed, Ivy was going to hospital, Ivy could be dieing. She could be dieing.

It hit me like a ton of bricks, my best friend could be dieing. Tears streamed down my face as I turned to face Alyce. She saw my face and pulled me into a hug. I silently cried on her shoulder. “What happened Alyce?” I whispered.

“I don’t know, but I’m not going to say it’s going to be okay, because it might not be. But I’m going to be here for you and help you through it okay?” She pulled me back and smiled at me. I cracked a small smile. “C’mon the car is here.”

I saw Louis walk angrily towards the driver’s side. “Louis no, you are not driving” I said sternly.

“Why not!?” he seethed.

“You’ll get us all killed because you are angry and worried sick. Harry is driving” I looked him straight in the eye.

“No I’ll be fine” trying to calm down but he wasn’t fooling me.

“Look I don’t know you and you don’t know me,” Alyce had appeared beside me “but I do know for a fact that Clare has a good point. So don’t argue, don’t make a fuss and get in the car so we can all leave and see if Ivy is okay.” She said it fiercely and pushed Louis into the back seat of the car before following him inside.