Chapter 11 - Official Meet and Greets

Chapter 11 – Official Meet and Greets

Niall’s POV

Clare opened the door and pulled inside two girls. The first, the one from this morning I think Clare said was Ivy, was tall, pale and had red hair. The second who I assumed was Lydia was my height with tan skin and straight brown hair.

As soon as she saw me, Lydia’s eyes narrowed in. Before anyone could protest she came up and smiled at me. “Hi I’m Lydia” she shook my hand and then pulled me in and whispered in my ear. “Don’t forget the warning.” She pulled back and smiled again before introducing herself and Ivy to all the other boys. Note to self, don’t get on the bad side of Lydia.

Clare’s POV

I couldn’t help but roll my eyes at Lydia’s abruptness with the boys. Ivy didn’t say a word and just let Lydia introduce her. I gave her hand a squeeze and pulled her with me onto the couch where everyone was now sitting. Ivy gave me a small smile but still looked really freaked out. She was really shy around new people, except for when she was dancing that is.

“So, you’re the one who threatened to throw me off the top of the building this morning?” Harry grinned.

Lydia blushed and looked down at her hands “Umm… yeah sorry about that… bad hangover”

“It’s okay, now we know you’re not to be messed with when hung-over” Louis winked at her. Ivy’s face turned as red as her hair and she looked down again.

“You guys are boys right?” Lydia asked while standing up and wandering into the kitchen, it was funny how she acted as if she had known the boys for years.

“Last time I checked I was, not sure about Louis though” Zayn chuckled.

“So I’m assuming you have food” she called from the kitchen “Hey who’s Rogan-Josh is this?”

“Mine!” Zayn yelled back. Lydia came back in with a bowl full of the left over curry.

“Thanks for sharing” she smiled and then started to eat.

“Hey I was going to eat that!” Harry protested.

“Suck it up princess, it’s mine now” she grinned.

“But Lydiee we just ate, like 20 minutes ago!” Ivy exclaimed, going back to her old self.

“I’m hungry so I’m eating!” Lydia shrugged and continued to eat.

“You and Niall are going to get on just fine” I shook my head and smiled at him.

“Oh yeah Niall. Look I’m sorry about all the threats but you understand don’t you. I just don’t want Clare getting hurt again. Friends?” Lydia looked up shyly with eyes that can make anyone do anything.

“Sure, I’m glad Clare has such a good friend” Niall smiled at her.

Once Lydia had finished eating, we talked about random stuff. Ivy and Lydia were getting along great with the boys and they all seemed to like each other. It took a while Ivy came out of her shell and now was her normal self.

“So Lydia what are you doing after school?” Zayn asked. They had been getting pretty buddy-buddy, if you know what I mean.

“I’m doing an apprenticeship as a cake decorator” she grinned it had been her dream since she was 8.

“Awesome! What is your favourite cake to make?” Louis said.

“Carrot cake”

“Yes!!!!!!!” Louis yelled and then was dancing around the room. Not even kidding it was her favourite. “Clare does it taste amazing?” He said plonking back down between Harry and Niall. Harry’s arm automatically went round his shoulder. They were so cute.