Chapter 15 - No Back-up

Chapter 15 – No Back-up

A/N I wrote a one shot called ‘Terrible Things’ if you could go read it that would be awesome!

Clare’s POV

I woke up when I felt Lydia plonk down on the other end of the couch. Tears were running down her cheeks “Lydia what’s wrong are you okay?”

“Shouldn’t be I asking you that?” she chuckled. It took me a second to figure out what she meant then the memory of Niall kissing his ex slammed into me. But my heart didn’t break anymore, it couldn’t. There was nothing left of it now.

“Did you ummm, I mean did you tell him and the boys that…” I mumbled.

“Yeah I told them to stay away after I punched Niall in the face” she had slightly triumphant smile on her face but it slipped off when she remembered something.

“What happened upstairs Lydia? Why are you so upset?” I whispered while putting my arm around her.

“They knew, all of them. Zayn knew and he didn’t say anything, none of them did. I don’t know why I care so much. I shouldn’t care so much! We were never anything and never will be now. I’m such a selfish bitch. Here I am crying about a guy who wasn’t even my boyfriend when it’s you who’s got the real stuff to cry about” she let out a shaky breath “I’m sorry Clare”

“Hey it’s not your fault! I don’t mind it takes my thoughts off my own problems. I can’t believe they knew. They could’ve said something. I don’t think I can look at any of them ever again Lydiee. They could’ve known for ages. And every time I think of Niall I feel sick and I just…” I burst into tears. Lydia, who had stopped crying, gave me a hug and let me cry my eyes out for the second time that day.

Lydia and I must have fallen asleep on the couch because when we woke up it was 8 o’clock in the morning. Lydia swore when she saw the time. “Crap I have to pack my flight leaves in 2 hours” we scrambled around the room throwing her stuff into her suitcases.

“Lydia, do you have to go?” I sighed as she stood by the door.

“Yeah my apprenticeship starts in a week and I still have to set up my apartment. You know I’d stay if I could. Sure you don’t want to come to the airport with me?” she asked hugging me.

“Yeah I’d rather stay in today. Call me when you land okay so then I know you haven’t crashed and died in the middle of the ocean” I smiled and handed her the last bag.

“Will do! If you need me just call okay?” she smiled and then was out the door. I waved as the elevators closed and then let out a huge sigh. So now I was stranded in the same hotel as the guy who broke my heart and his 4 best friends and moving wasn’t an option seeing as I only had today and the next 3 days here. So basically I was up shit creek without a paddle and absolutely no back up. This was going to be fun.

Now I was actually throwing myself a pity party. I had been watching chick flicks all day eating ice-cream. I looked like shit, felt like shit and it was only 5 in the afternoon. This is not how I imagined my holiday in London. I picked up my chocolate and started on that.

“I love you” the guy on screen said.

“Liar!” I yelled and threw my chocolate at the screen. “Lies! Blatant lies!” there was a knock at the door. Seeing as I hadn’t moved since Lydia left I figured I better get it. I dawdled over kicked the ruminants of the guitar that Niall gave me out of my way, which was only the handle because the rest was just little pieces of wood.

“Hello… what do you want Liam?” I said.

“I want you to come talk to Niall” he replied hands in his pockets.