Chapter 26 - Last Words

Chapter 26 – Last Words

Clare’s POV

Liam had been really quiet ever since he got that phone call last night. We all brushed it off as we pulled up to the hotel we would be staying in at Melbourne. We all clambered out of the bus and into the lobby. I looked around and saw a familiar head of curls. “Danielle!” I yelled. A smile broke across her face as I bundled her up in a hug and all the other boys followed my lead.

Liam’s POV

I hugged Dani last and gave her a sweet kiss on the lips. When I had recovered last night and I discovered she was calling me from the Melbourne airport, we agreed not to tell the boys, Clare or Alyce yet. We grabbed the keys from the front desk and made our way up to our suite. It was large and had 5 bedrooms, Niall and Clare were sharing as were Louis and Harry, Danielle and I had a room and Alyce and Zayn had their own rooms. It was 10:30 and we were all knackered, so we stumbled off to bed seeing as the boys and I had a show tomorrow.

Clare’s POV

Niall and I weren’t as tired as the others so we crawled into bed and stayed up talking for a while. “You know we still haven’t had a chance to talk about the showcase at my school and the concert yet or what happened in Ireland…” I trailed off. My head was resting on his chest as he played with my hair, our other hands entwined by his side. I had never been so comfortable in my life.

“I am sorry about what happened in Ireland, you know that right? As soon as I had done it, I regretted. I’ve never been so disgusted with myself in my life. When I thought about losing you I felt sick and when I did, I was so lost. I’d lost the only girl I’d ever loved and I didn’t know how to handle that” I looked up into his beautiful eyes and saw they were filled with tears. I kissed his chest, too moved to reassure him with tears that it was all okay now.

“And then when you sang those songs at the showcase I lost it. Your songs showed me that I hadn’t lost you completely and that I still had a chance” I could hear the smile in his voice and this in turn, made me smile.

“You know, when you sang me ‘Fall for you”? That was the happiest moment of my life. You never lost me Niall; I don’t think you ever could. Unless you did something really stupid, then I’d be long gone” I laughed.

“Don’t plan on it” he chuckled as he tilted my head up and kissed me. “I love you Clare”

“I love you too, you ridiculous leprechaun”

Ivy’s POV

I was sitting beside Nicole’s bed while we both read the books Lydia brought in for us. There’s something oddly comforting about reading in silent company, it’s one of the simple pleasures of life.

Lydia was at work and wouldn’t be back to visit us until tomorrow, seeing as Thursday was her day off. We had watched the video Zayn posted in reply and Pickle commended him on his persistence while Lydia just complained it was annoying. I thought it was sweet. My thoughts drifted away from the book and to where they usually did. Louis.

I wonder what he is doing, is he thinking about me? Does he feel the same way I do? It seems like he does but then again I can’t be sure, maybe he’s just being friendly. I let out a groan in frustration. “What’s up, Doc?” Nicole said from behind me. I could she was finding it hard to breathe, let alone talk. And yet she was talking to see if I was okay, this girl was amazing.

“Just my feelings being stupid, don’t worry about it. You need to rest” I replied.

“Honey, all the rest in the world isn’t going to help me now. Might as talk while I can, now what’s wrong?”

“I’m just confused about Louis; I mean does he like me? Does he not? I think he does but I’m not sure. Is he a player or is he serious? He’s just so sweet and caring and way too good for me! I don’t know what to feel… Pickle why are you crying?” I said in worry. She laughed through a sniffle and wiped her teary eyes.

“I’m just going to miss you when I go and Lydia too. You two are my two best friends in the world, even though we have only known each other for 4 days. You have made my last days happy and you guys make me feel like I haven’t been left alone in my life before when in reality, loneliness is all I’ve felt for the past 2 years.

“I know what you two are you know, you’re my last two gifts from god, my last two friends on Earth. The two most beautiful people in the world that I get to say good bye to when I go. It may not be now that I leave but I know when I do I won’t be able to talk. So I’m saying it now, I love you Ivy. You’re my sister and I’m glad I got to help you before I left.

“I’m going to miss watching the video’s of you dancing, the way you get a dreamy look on your face when you think about Louis, the way you ramble about everything and how you are just amazing in every way.

“In case I wake up tomorrow and have lost the ability to speak, tell Lydia I love her too and that she is the funniest girl I have ever met. That she lights up the room when she walks in, that she puts sun flowers to shame with her smile and that no one on this Earth could possibly pull off being scary, bubbly, angry and happy all at the same time like she does. God I’m going to miss you two so much, so, so much” She laughed through both her pain and her tears.

“But you said you weren’t scared, that you weren’t scared to die” I sobbed as I sat next to Nicole and pulled her into a hug. I didn’t want to lose her.

“Just because I’m not scared doesn’t mean I want to go” she whispered.