Chapter 4 - Four Days

Chapter 4 – Four Days

Clare’s POV

Can I just take this moment to say that Niall Horan is the best kisser on the face of the planet? But amazing kisser or not, I couldn’t help but freak out. I pushed him away and tried to shake the feeling of electricity out of my head. It couldn’t work, don’t do this to yourself again, “I’m….I’m sorry” I whispered before running for the door the second time that day. “I’m so sorry.”

“Clare come back! I’m sorry if I pushed you, Clare!!” It killed me to hear him like that but ran past the elevator and down the stairs. This isn’t how it’s supposed to be, in the movies they’re supposed to kiss and everything is meant to be okay. Everything is meant to work out; they are meant to stay together over-coming all obstacles and are meant to live happily ever after.

But this isn’t a movie, I wish it was. This isn’t going to work out, I wish it was. I was in reality, I wished I wasn’t. I was going to avoid this so I don’t get hurt all over again, I wish I didn’t have to, but for once I was going to put my feelings first. I wasn’t going to be hurt this time, no matter what it took. I could never, never, never, ever go through that pain again.

Niall’s POV

“Clare come back! I’m sorry if I pushed you, Clare!!” I chased her but she was gone. I was shattered, rejection washed over me along with confusion. I walked glumly back to my room. I pushed the door open and walked in to see the boys sitting around the TV. I just started towards my room.

“Hey Niall want some food?” joked Liam. But for once I didn’t feel hungry. I shook my head and headed towards my room.

Louis’ POV

The past 3 days have been so strange, it all started the day after Clare told me to get out of her hotel room. For one, I or any of the other boys hadn’t seen her for a day and then out of the blue a guy from the hotel comes up to our room asking for the spare key we had for Clare’s room.

“Why do you want the key?” I asked turning it in my hand.

“The young lady said you had it and it needed to be collected”

“I got that but why?”

“She’s moved Sir, to another floor. Good-day sir” he said gingerly taking the key from my hands. Why did she move rooms? I tried to call her but they were rejected every time, and I know this because it would only ring twice.

Secondly, ever since that day Niall had been like a completely different person. He wasn’t laughing and he didn’t even smile, and he had ate hardly anything in the past 3 days which is saying something because this is Niall we are talking about. Something had happened between them but I knew nothing and neither did Liam. It was enough to screw up Niall and make Clare move, so what was it?

But on the fourth day, the 16th, I couldn’t take it anymore. “That’s it we’re going out!” I got up and trudged to the door.

“I don’t feel-“ Niall started but I cut him off.

“I don’t know what went down between you and Clare, but you need to get out. You’ve got me acting serious and that is not acceptable. So move it Nialler!” I threw his coat at him. Obviously seeing there was no room for argument he got up and joined me and the other boys at the door.

“Where are we going anyway?” Zayn asked.

“Nando’s!” Harry and I yelled at the same time while racing each other to the elevator.

Clare’s POV

I started down the street avoiding the random piles of snow. I had taken every precaution to avoid seeing Niall again. I had moved rooms and avoided any contact with any of them. I may seem cold and heartless but after that time I swore I would never again to put my heart on the line like that again. That was until I saw them.

They were strolling into Nando’s, all laughing and smiling, all except one. I had never seen Niall look so sad; he usually had a smile but not today. He looked paler and off like he hadn’t seen a good time in a long time.

Guilt washed through me, by trying to protect my own heart I had started to hurt his. I couldn’t stand this knowing I had put someone through what I had gone through myself. Take a chance Clare, and for once I listened to the little voice. “Niall!” I screamed, running across the pavement. I almost tripped about four times but I didn’t really care at this point.

“Clare?” He questioned looking up just slightly. I shoved past Zayn and threw myself into his arms.

“I’m so sorry, god I’m sorry” I said into his ear, tears running down my face. “I just… the other day I… I’m sorry”

“Clare, calm down love, I’m sorry too” He whispered back stroking my hair.

“What the hell could you have to be sorry for?”

“Kissing you” He pulled back so he could look into my eyes. I stared into his endless crystal blue ones.

“You silly Irish man!” I giggled “that was the best kiss I’d ever had” Niall blushed a little and grinned. I leaned in and pressed my lips to his and for a moment it was a perfect, suspended in time. That was until Louis took it upon himself to ruin it.

“About time he smiled, he hasn’t for the past four days!” I looked Niall up and down and gave him a questioning look.

“What? I was sad!” he smiled.

“That’s so sweet that you care that much!” I pecked him on the lips before stepping right back, only holding onto his hand, entwining our fingers. “Now let’s go get some food! My stomach sounds like a dying whale!”