Chapter 20 - Count on Me

Chapter 20 – Count on me

Ivy’s POV

He was a complete douche bag, he go crawl in a hole and die for all I cared now. And to think I was beginning to think of him as more then a friend. Well looks like he just shot that horse in the face. “Ivy what the hell just happened?” Clare said. Louis had stormed out of the room and the others filed back in with shocked expressions on their faces, all except Harry who went after Louis as soon as he left.

“I don’t want to talk about it. Louis is a jerk and that’s all there is to it” I muttered and looked towards the opposite corner of the room to where they were all standing.

“Ivy. Tell us” Lydia grumbled. I tore my gaze away and glared up at her and the others. The boys all looked worried about what Louis could have done.

“Fine” I spat.

-Flashback to 5 minutes ago-

“Hey guys can I talk to Ivy alone for a second?” Louis asked. My curiosity peaked. The others filed out and Louis shut the door behind them.

“What’s up Louis?” I smiled and gestured for him to sit on the end of my bed. The bed shifted as he did and he took my hand. Is it ridiculous to say that for the first time in my life I got butterflies over a boy the second he did?

“Nothing just wanted to make sure you are okay. Has umm, has Jacinta called or anything…” he trailed off. My breath hitched slightly.

“No, I mean she called but once she found out I wasn’t dead she hung up. It’s okay though I’m just glad she did that” I shrugged.

“I was really worried you know. When you collapsed I thought you were dead” He shuddered slightly.

“It’s going to take more then that to get rid of me” I snorted.

“How can you say that?” I could see him getting slightly annoyed as my blasé attitude. “You could die in 4 weeks if you don’t get a kidney!”

“I’m not going to die Lou” I gently pulled my hand out of his and pretended to be getting a drink of water that was next to a bowl of fake fruit that attempted to make the room a little brighter.

“But you’re not going to go on dialysis. Sounds like you might die”

“So what? If I’m going to keel over I don’t see why I should be going around acting sad. If I’m going down, I’m going to go down doing what I love so once I get out I’m going to go back to dancing” I muttered.

“Like hell you are, you are not going to go dancing in your condition” Louis argued.

“Excuse me? Who do you think you are telling me what I can and cannot do?” I glared at him.

“Why were you dancing anyway? It could have killed you! You should stop” He huffed standing up and moving to the end of the bed.

“Oh bugger off. I couldn’t give up dancing! I could never give it up; it’s my life, my world, my love. Nothing no disease could ever make me stop. And you have no chance either.” I crossed my arms and stared him down.

“But why? You’re not even that good!” Louis said throwing his arms up in exasperation.

“What did you say?” I clenched my fists up.

“Ivy I didn’t… It slipped-“ But I cut him off.

“LEAVE NOW! HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT TO ME? I’M NOT EVEN THAT GOOD? GET OUT!” I yelled at him. His words had whipped across my heart and straight into my soul.

“That came out wrong I-“

“GET OUT! GET OUT NOW, NEVER COME BACK HERE! NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN YOU COMPLTE TOOL!” I threw a fake piece of fruit at him that was sitting nearby.

“Ivy I-“

“I SAID GET OUT!!!”  I screamed. He left.

“And here we are now” I grumbled. I can’t believe he said that. Out of all the things people could say to me, that killed me the most. And coming from Louis? I was pretty sure this is what it felt like to be stabbed in the back.

“Ivy I’m sure he has a perfectly reasonable explanation” Liam reasoned, always the fair one.

“Even if he did I don’t really want to hear it now” I breathed and pinched the bridge of my nose. Just then Harry came back in.

“Louis explained to me what happened. He didn’t mean a word of what he said Ivy” Harry said. Clare seemed to have some epiphany and disappeared from the room. I had a too big of headache to wonder where.

“I’m sure he didn’t but right now I don’t particularly want to hear it” I groaned. Everyone was quiet after that, while I talked and got to know Alyce a little more. She was really cool and we got along brilliantly. Then Clare reappeared with a guitar in hand.

“Everybody out except for Lydia and Alyce, we are having a girl chat!” she declared while pushing the boys out of the room. She sat down on the chair and the started to strum the strings. It was ‘Count on me’ by Bruno Mars.

If you ever find yourself stuck in the middle of the sea,

I'll sail the world to find you

If you ever find yourself lost in the dark and you can't see,

I'll be the light to guide you

Find out what we're made of

When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1 2 3

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2

And you'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Wooooh, wooooh

yeah, yeah

If you toss and you turn and you just can't fall asleep

I'll sing a song

beside you

And if you ever forget how much you really mean to me

Everyday I will

remind you

Oh

Find out what we're made of

When we are called to help our friends in need

You can count on me like 1 2 3

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2

You'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Wooooh, Wooooh

Yeah Yeah

You'll always have my shoulder when you cry

I'll never let go

Never say goodbye

You can count on me like 1 2 3

I'll be there

And I know when I need it I can count on you like 4 3 2

You'll be there

Cause that's what friends are supposed to do, oh yeah

Wooooh, Wooooh

you can count on me cos' I can count on you

What made it so amazing was that all three of them sung it. Even though 2 of them could hardly sing it was amazing. By then end I was crying. “I love you guys so much!” I cried and they all engulfed me in a hug. It was then that I knew I wasn’t ready to leave this earth.