Partners In Crime Pt. 2

There are sparks and the cradle drops suddenly. The Doctor manages to make the cradle stop.

"Hold on. Hold on. We can get in through the window" {Y/N} says as she tries to sonically cut through the glass "can't get it open!"

"Well, smash it then!" Donna says picking up a spanner and starts hitting the glass, which is designed nowadays to withstand a nearby bomb. One of the steel cables starts to burn "she's cutting the cable" suddenly the cable snaps, tipping Donna out. The Doctor and {Y/N} manage to hang on.

"Donna!" Donna is dangling from the end of the snapped cable.

"{Y/N}!"

"Hold on!" the Doctor shouts.

"I am! Doctor!" Miss Foster goes to the other side of the cradle mechanism and starts to sonic the remaining cable. The Doctor takes aim and blasts her pen out of her hand. It hurts her hand.

"Ow!" {Y/N} catches the falling pen, puts it between her teeth and climbs to another window.

"I'm going to fall!" Donna shouts "this is all your fault. I should've stayed at home" {Y/N} slides up the window.

"I won't be a minute!" {Y/N} says as she climbs inside, she runs downstairs to the office and goes to the window.

"Is anyone going to tell me what's going on?"

"What are you, a journalist?"

"Yes."

"Well, make it up" the Doctor says running in after {Y/N}, {Y/N} unlocks the window and grabs Donna's legs.

"Get off!" Donna shouts.

"I've got you. I've got you. Stop kicking!" {Y/N} growls as she pulls Donna inside.

"I was right. It's always like this with you two, innit?"

"Oh, yes! And off we go" the Doctor says.

"Oi!"

"Sorry!" {Y/N} zaps the women free from the door "now do yourself a favour. Get out" {Y/N} says running out after the Doctor and Donna they soon meet Miss Foster and her guards.

"Well, then. At last" Foster says.

"Hello" Donna waves.

"Nice to meet you, I'm the Doctor."

"I'm {Y/N}.

"And I'm Donna."

"Partners in crime. And evidently off-worlders, judging by your sonic technology" Foster says.

"Oh, yes, I've still got your sonic pen. Nice. I like it. Sleek. It's kind of sleek" {Y/N} says.

"Oh, it's definitely sleek" Donna says.

"Yeah, and if you were to sign your real name, that would be?" the Doctor asks.

"Matron Cofelia of the Five Straighten Classabindi Nursery Fleet. Intergalactic Class."

"A wet nurse, using humans as surrogates" {Y/N} says nodding.

"I've been employed by the Adiposian First Family to foster a new generation after their breeding planet was lost."

"What do you mean lost? How do you lose a planet?" the Doctor asks.

"Oh, politics are none of my concern. I'm just here to take care of the children on behalf of the parents."

"What, like an outer space super nanny?" Donna says.

"Yes, if you like."

"So, those little things, they're, they're made out of fat, yeah, but that woman, Stacy Campbell, there was nothing left of her" Donna says.

"Oh, in a crisis the Adipose can convert bone and hair and internal organs. Makes them a little bit sick, poor things."

"What about poor Stacy?"

"Seeding a level five planet is against galactic law" {Y/N} says.

"Are you threatening me?"

"I'm trying to help you, Matron. This is your one chance, because if you don't call this off, then we'll have to stop you" {Y/N} warns.

"I hardly think you can stop bullets" the guards take aim.

"No, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on. One more thing, before dying. Do you know what happens if you hold two identical sonic devices against each other?" {Y/N} asks.

"No."

"Neither do I. Let's find out" {Y/N} grabs her sonic and Foster's and puts them together creating an awful noise. Everyone except {Y/N} and the Doctor grabs their heads in pain, and glass shatters nearby. Donna pushes {Y/N}'s arm to stop her.

"Come on!" Donna, {Y/N} and the Doctor run, they run to the storage room that the Doctor and {Y/N} used earlier as a hiding spot. The Doctor throws out the ladder and mops.

"Well, that's one solution. Hide in a cupboard. I like it" Donna says. There is a big green machine behind the sliding back wall.

"We've been hacking into this thing all day, because the matron's got a computer core running through the centre of the building. Triple deadlocked. But now we've got this" {Y/N} says holding up the sonic pen "I can get into it" a few minutes later {Y/N} speaks up again "she's wired up the whole building. We need a bit of privacy" the Doctor holds two wires together "just enough to stop them. Why's she wired up the tower block? What's it all for?"

"You look older" Donna says.

"Thanks" the Doctor replies.

"Still on your own?"

"Yup. Well, no. We had this friend. Martha, she was called. Martha Jones. She was brilliant. And we destroyed half her life. But she's fine, she's good. She's gone" the Doctor says.

"What about Rose?"

"Still lost. I thought you were going to travel the world?" {Y/N} asks.

"Easier said than done. It's like I had that one day with you two, and I was going to change. I was going to do so much. Then I woke up the next morning, same old life. It's like you two were never there. And I tried. I did try. I went to Egypt. I was going to go barefoot and everything. And then it's all bus trips and guidebooks and don't drink the water, and two weeks later you're back home. It's nothing like being with you two. I must have been mad turning down that offer" Donna says.

"What offer?"

"To come with you."

"Come with us?"

"Oh yes, please."

"Right."

"Inducer activated."

"What's it doing now?"

"She's started the programme."

"So far, they're just losing weight, but the Matron's gone up to emergency pathogenesis" {Y/N} says.

"And that's when they convert" Donna says.

"Skeletons, organs, everything. A million people are going to die. Got to cancel the signal" {Y/N} mumbles as she dismantles the pendant.

"This contains a primary signal. If she can switch it off, the fat goes back to being just fat" the Doctor says as {Y/N} attaches part of the pendant to the inducer.

---

~Bread 🍞