Family Of Blood Pt. 2

*To Timothy and stuff*

"What do I do? What do I do? What do I do?" Timothy asks looking at the watch in his hands.

"Beware."

"Beware of what?"

"Her" Latimer looks up and sees Lucy standing in the corridor, holding her balloon. She sniffs.

"Keep away" Timothy says.

"Who are you?"

"I saw you at the dance. You were with that family. You're one of them."

"What are you hiding?"

"Nothing."

"What have you got there?"

"Nothing."

"Show me, little boy."

"I reckon whatever you are, you're still in the shape of a girl. How strong is she, do you think? Does she really want to see this?" Latimer aims the watch at Lucy and the golden energy shows her an explosion, as well as the Doctor and {Y/N}. She runs away.

*Back to the Doctor and {Y/N}*

"Stand to!" the scarecrows hammer at the main gate "at post!" everyone except {Y/N} takes aim.

"Enemy approaching, sir."

"Steady. Find the biting point" the scarecrows break in "fire!" the boys open fire and take down scarecrows as they advance. The Doctor does not squeeze, soon enough all the scarecrows are down "cease fire!" the Headmaster shouts as he walks over to the scarecrows "they're straw. Like he said, straw."

"Then no one's dead, sir? We killed no one?" suddenly footsteps can be heard on the gravel.

"Stand to!" It is Lucy and her balloon "you, child. Come out of the way. Come into the school. You don't know who's out there. It's the Cartwright girl, isn't it? Come here. Come to me" Martha runs out of the school.

"Mister Rocastle! Please, don't go near her."

"You were told to be quiet."

"Just listen to me. She's part of it. Matron, tell him" Martha looks towards Joan.

"I think that. I don't know. I think you should stay back, Headmaster."

"Mister Smith. Mrs Smith?"

"She was, she was with, with Baines in the village" the Doctor says.

"Mister Smith, I've seen many strange sights this night, but there is no cause on God's Earth that would allow me to see this child in the field of battle, sir. Come with me."

"You're funny" Lucy says.

"That's right. Now take my hand."

"So funny" she produces a ray gun and vaporises the Headmaster "now who's going to shoot me. Any of you, really?"

"Put down your guns" the Doctor says.

"But sir, the Headmaster."

"I'll not see this happen. Not anymore. You will retreat in an orderly fashion back through the school. Hutchinson, lead the way" the Doctor says.

"But sir."

"I said, lead the way"

"Well, go on, then. Run!" Baines says as he fires his gun into the air.

"Come on!" Martha shouts.

"Reanimate!" the boys scatter through the buildings, followed by the reanimated scarecrows.

"Let's go. Quick as you can" {Y/N} says.

"Don't go to the village. It's not safe" Martha says.

"And you, ladies."

"Not till we've got the boys out."

"Now, I insist. The pair of you, just go. If there are any more boys inside, me and Mary will find them" the Doctor says as he opens the door. There are scarecrows on the other side. He slams it shut and locks it "I think, retreat."

*Time skip*

The Doctor, {Y/N}, Joan and Martha hide in the bushes.

"Doctor! {Y/N}!" Clark shouts he has the TARDIS with him.

"Come back, Doctor. Come home, {Y/N}. Come and claim your prize."

"Out you come, Doctor and {Y/N}. There's a good boy and girl. Come to the Family."

"Time to end it now."

"You recognise it, don't you?" Martha says looking at {Y/N} and the Doctor.

"Come out, Doctor and {Y/N}. Come to us!"

"We've never seen it in our life" {Y/N} replies.

"Do you remember its name?"

"I'm sorry, but you wrote about it. The blue box. You dreamt of a blue box" Joan says speaking up.

"I'm not. I'm John Smith. That's all I want to be. John Smith, with his life, and his job, and his love. Why can't I be John Smith? Isn't he a good man?" the Doctor asks.

"Yes. Yes, he is."

"Why can't I stay?"

"But we need the Doctor and {Y/N}."

"What are we, then? Nothing. We're just a story" the Doctor says as he runs away followed by, {Y/N}, Joan and Martha.

"This way. I think I know somewhere we can hide" Joan says.

"We've got to keep going."

"Just listen to me for once, John. Now, follow me" the four run for a few minutes until coming upon a cottage "oh, here we are. It should be empty. Oh, it's a long time since I've run that far."

"But who lives here?"

"If I'm right, no one" they all walk in. It is dark inside. The table is laid for tea "hello? No one home. We should be safe here.

"Whose house is it, though?" Martha asks.

"Er, the Cartwrights. That little girl at the school, she's Lucy Cartwright, or she's taken Lucy Cartwright's form. If she came home this afternoon and if the parents tried to stop their little girl, then they were vanished" Joan touches the teapot "stone cold. How easily I accept these ideas."

"We must go to them, before anyone else dies" the Doctor says looking at {Y/N}.

"You can't. Martha, there must be something we can do" Joan says.

"Not without the watch."

"You're this 'Doctor' and '{Y/N}'s' companion. Can't you help? What exactly do you do for them? Why do they need you?"

"Because their lonely."

"And that's what you want us to become" there's a knock at the door.

"What if it's them?"

"I'm not an expert, but I don't think scarecrows knock" Martha opens the door to see Timothy standing there.

"I brought you this" he holds out the watch.

"Hold it" Martha says looking at {Y/N} and the Doctor.

"We won't" the Doctor says shaking his head.

"Please, just hold it" Martha begs.

"It told me to find you both. It wants to be held" Timothy says.

"You've had this watch all this time? Why didn't you return it?"

"Because it was waiting. And because I was so scared of the 'Doctor' and '{Y/N}'."

"Why?"

"Because I've seen them. Their like fire and ice and rage. He's like the night and the storm in the heart of the sun."

"Stop it" the Doctor says.

"They're ancient and forever. They burn at the centre of time and they can see the turn of the universe."

"Stop it! I said stop it" {Y/N} says.

"And they're wonderful."

"I've still got this. The journal."

"Those are just stories" {Y/N} laughs.

"Now we know that's not true. Perhaps there's something in here" there's a big bang. The cottage shakes.

"What the hell?" fireballs are falling to earth a little way away.

---

~Bread 🍞