World War Three Pt. 2

The Doctor drags a body into the small store room where another body was, after he places the body in there he stops and looks over at Harriet.

"What was his name?"

"Who?"

"This one. The secretary or whatever he was called" the Doctor says pointing.

"I don't know" Harriet says shrugging "I talked to him. I brought him a cup of coffee. I never asked his name" the was a few moments of silence before {Y/N} gets up.

"Right, what have we got? Any terminals, anything?"

"No. This place is antique. What I don't get is, when they killed the Prime Minister, why didn't they use him as a disguise?" Rose says.

"He's too slim. They're big old beasts. They need to fit inside big human" the Doctor says.

"But the Slitheen are about eight feet. How do they fit inside?" Rose asks.

"That's the device around their necks. Compression field. Literally shrinks them down a bit. That's why there's all that gas. It's a big exchange" {Y/N} says.

"Wish I had a compression field. I could fit a size smaller" Rose says, {Y/N} and the Doctor both laugh quietly.

"Excuse me" Harriet speaks up making the three look at her "people are dead! This is not the time for making jokes."

"Sorry. You get used to this stuff when your friends with them."

"Well, that's a strange friendship."

"Harriet Jones. I've heard that name before. Harriet Jones. You're not famous for anything, are you?" the Doctor asks looking at her.

"Oh, hardly."

"Rings a bell. Harriet Jones?" {Y/N} taps her chin.

"Lifelong backbencher I'm afraid, and a fat lot of use I'm being now. The Protocols are redundant. They list the people who could help and they're all dead downstairs."

"Hasn't it got, like, defence codes and things? Couldn't we just launch a nuclear bomb at them?" Rose suggests.

"You're a very violent young woman."

"I'm serious. We could."

"Well, there's nothing like that in here. Nuclear strikes do need a release code, yes, but it's kept secret by the United Nations."

"Say that again" {Y/N} says pointing to Harriet.

"What, about the codes?"

"Anything. All of it" the Doctor says.

"Well, the British Isles can't gain access to atomic weapons without a Special Resolution from the UN."

"Like that's ever stopped them" Rose says with her arms crossed.

"Exactly, given our past record. And I voted against that, thank you very much. The codes have been taken out of the government's hands and given to the UN. Is it important?"

"Everything's important" {Y/N} replies.

"If we only knew what the Slitheen wanted. Listen to me. I'm saying Slitheen as if it's normal." Harriet laughs sarcastically.

"What do they want, though?" Rose asks waking up to {Y/N} who stood at the end of the table.

"Well, they're just one family, so it's not an invasion" {Y/N} says.

"They don't want Slitheen World They're out to make money" the Doctor adds.

"That means they want to use something."

"Something here on Earth."

"Some kind of asset!" the Doctor and {Y/N} say pointing at each other.

"Like what, gold? Oil? Water?" Harriet asks.

"You're very good at this" the Doctor says, {Y/N} nodding in agreement.

"Thank you."

"Harriet Jones. Why do I know that name?" the Doctor says, that's when Rose's phone beeps.

"Oh, that's me."

"But we're sealed off. How did you get a signal?" Harriet asks confused.

"He zapped it. Super phone."

"Then we can phone for help. You must have contacts."

"Dead downstairs, yeah" {Y/N} replies.

"It's Mickey."

"Oh, tell your stupid boyfriend we're busy" the Doctor says.

"Yeah, he's not so stupid after all" Rose shows {Y/N} the picture Mickey had sent, it was of a Slitheen, a few minutes later Rose rings Mickey "Is she all right, though? Don't put her on, just tell me" Suddenly the Doctor takes her phone.

"Is that Ricky?" he asks "don't talk, just shut up and go to your compute...Mickey the Idiot, I might just choke before I finish this sentence, but, er, we need you... go to the UNIT website... I need you to hack into it... just do it would you" the Doctor then places the pone in the middle of the table and hooks it up to the conference phone speaker "say again."

"It's asking for the password" Mickey replies.

"Buffalo. Two Fs, one L" {Y/N} says.

"So, what's that website?" Jackie asks.

"All the secret information known to mankind. See, they've known about aliens for years" Mickey says, the clicking of keys noticeable through the speaker "they just kept us in the dark."

"Mickey, you were born in the dark" the Doctor replies.

"Oh, leave him alone" {Y/N} says slapping the Doctor on the shoulder.

"Thank you. It's asking for the password again" Mickey says.

"Just repeat it every time" {Y/N} replies, she moves away from the phone and starts to pace "Big Ben - why did the Slitheen go and hit Big Ben?"

"He said to gather the experts, to kill them" Harriet says.

"That lot would've gathered for a weather balloon. You don't need to crash land in the middle of London."

"The Slitheen are hiding, but then they put the entire planet on Red alert" Rose says "what would they do that for?"

"Oh, listen to her."

"At least I'm trying."

"Well, I've got a question, if you don't mind. Since those two walked into our lives, I have been attacked" Jackie says "In the streets. I have had creatures from the pits of hell. In my own living room, and my daughter disappear off the face of the Earth."

"I told you what happened" Rose says crossing her arms.

"I'm talking to them. 'Cos I've seen this life of theirs, and maybe you get off on it, and maybe you think it's all clever and smart, but you tell me, just answer me this. Is my daughter safe?"

"I'm fine" Rose replies.

"Is she safe? Will she always be safe? Can you promise me that? Well, what's the answer?"

---

~Bread 🍞