Chapter 30. Undetected

"You can try it, but you'll never be like me."
.
.

I walked out of the door, feeling my anxiety run through my veins. I could tell that something bad was about too happen, the feeling didn't leave. Dan had told me to go downstairs and meet in the front of the hotel, which I did.

I walked out of the doors of the hotel feeling the slightly cold breeze hit me. Not too cold, just cold enough. I stayed put as my eyes traveled around looking for Dan. After a couple minutes of me growing inpatient a limousine pulled up and stopped in front of me.

The door opened to reveal Dan in a black Tuxedo, he motioned his head to the side signaling me too get in, "come on, we're going to be late." He spoke in a rush.

I rolled my eyes and got into the limo, "Dan, what is this?" I questioned looking up at him.

The limo began to drive, a bit faster then I had anticipated. Dan looked up at my then grabbed something from his back pocket.

"Remember Felix?" He spoke taking out a piece of paper and unfolding it. He handed it to me and it showed a shit ton of documents involving everyone. Including myself.

"I don't know how the bastard did it, but he found my old documents and was threatening to turn me in." Dan explained with a sense of frustration laced in his tone.

I sighed, cursing under my breath slightly. "So what are we to do?" I questioned.

He took out his phone, putting it in front of my face and showing me a picture of a man. He had black hair with slightly black bushy eyebrows. "His name is Alfie Deyes. He's good friends with Felix. Apparently he's going to be at a party tonight, some posh ball to celebrate a business he created. Yet that's more of a cover up. Felix is planning something too do with this business and I don't know what it is. All I know is that he's looking for me. But I'm going to find him first." Dan spoke handing me a small box.

"You're going to need this." He spoke.

I opened it too find a small fancy mask, I looked up at him raising an eye brow. "What do I need this for?" I questioned.

He grabbed one that was under the seat and put it on. His was black as well, but it was more plan. However it did look amazing on him. I could tell I had been staring too much when he looked at me raising an eye brow. I blushed looking down as I put my mask on.

The limo had stopped harshly causing me to fall onto Dan. I looked up, his eyes meeting mine. "Sorry.." I spoke softly as we just got caught into the moment staring at each other. He blinked twice, then looked away, "come on, we're here." He said as I got off of him.

We both got out, I heard classical music playing and my eyes were immediately drawn to the enormous building in front of us. It was indeed fancy, the entrance had white stone walls along with a decorated path. I looked over at Dan, seeing him quickly pack a gun in his back pocket and looking over at me.

He shut the car door, waiting for the limo to drive away. He walked over too me and grabbed my arm, interlocking it with his own.

"If anyone comes up to you, walk the other way. I can't have any risks of you getting taken. Just stay by me at all times." He spoke in a demanding whisper.

I nodded, not being able to speak as the environment stole my attention. We walked in too be greeted by a strange smell of vanilla that was scented around the room. The place was huge. People in long fancy dresses were dancing along too the music with each other. Surly we were going to be here for awhile with the amount of people here. It would take forever too find Alfie.

My eyes wandered around the walls seeing art along them. Yet my attention was taken away from the paintings as Dan pulled me into him, I haven't even realized that we were on the dance floor. He put his arms around my waist and held me close.

"Dan, I can't dance." I whispered.

"Just follow me." He spoke back smirking slightly as we followed along with the music.

"What about Alfie?" I questioned, but was then interrupted as Dan spun me around.

It was weird, I had never seen Dan so calm in a moment like this. It almost seemed a bit suspicious. Usually he was never so calm when having to deal with things like this.

In the middle of us dancing I felt my phone in my bag vibrating, I was about to answer it but Dan grabbed my hand and placed it on my shoulder. "Don't answer it." He whispered in my ear sending chills down my spin. But I listened, assuming it was just Chris wondering were I was.

After a couple more minutes the song had ended and everyone began clapping. "I'll be right back." Dan spoke walking away. The crowd was too big and I couldn't see where he had went.

"Shit." I mumbled as I walked through a couple people and ended up near the exit. I walked out needed some fresh air.

I took my phone out of my bag realizing we have been here for longer then I expected. My phone was exploding with calls and voice messages. They were all from Chris.

I listened too the last one he sent, there was yelling in the back round. Yet Chris's voice over powered them all.

"I'll kill him, You tell that fucking bastard Dan that-"

Chris's voice cut off as it then became static.

I immediately began to call them, but the phone cut off right away.

"Shit, shit, shit!" I mumbled.

I went back to the first message, this time instead of yelling all you could hear was loud banging.

"I knew he couldn't be trusted. He had this whole thing planned. That asshole knew this would happen. He fucking knew! They weren't looking for him they were looking for us! Alfie's here god dammit!"

My mind was set at confusion for what was happening. But eventually it clicked together. My eyes widened as I heard someone walking behind me.

"What are you doing here?" Dan questioned seeing me outside, alone.

I didn't turn around, I just stayed out as my mind began to comprehend what he did.

"Alfie isn't here is he?" I questioned blankly.

Dan paused, "what?"

I turned around, "Alfie isn't here is he?!" I yelled.

Dan saw my phone in my hand, he looked away , "(y/n), let me explain before you-"

I cut him off.

"No! You lied! They weren't trying to find you they were trying to find all of us! Now they have Chris and Phil!" I began to yell loudly walking up too him.

"You don't understand, if you were there they could have taken you, and I couldn't have that happen." Dan spoke calmly trying to explain.

"I DONT CARE! THEY HAVE PHIL, THEY HAVE CHRIS, WHO KNOWS WHAT COULD HAPPEN, YOU COULD HAVE SAVED THEM! YOU DIDNT HAVE TO BRING ME" I began to yell as I pushed Dan roughly. I began punching his chest letting my anger take over me.

Dan stayed still, these punches didn't hurt him as much as I wanted it too. "Stop." Dan spoke grabbing my wrist.

But I didn't stop, "NO! You fucking took me, if I haven't had met you none of this would have happen. They're going to fucking die you bastard! Jesus Christ, out of everyone why did I get assigned to you! I hate you, Howell! I hate you so much.." I yelled knowing that Felix and his group would turn them in.

Tears began falling from my eyes as I didn't know what to do. I just let myself go as I fell onto my knees. Giving up completely.