Chapter 12. Afraid

"We stopped checking for monsters under our bed, after we realised they were inside our heads."
.
.
My eyes widened as my mouth dropped, I took a step back feeling light headed, "you, what?" I asked feeling as if I needed clarification for not hearing him correctly.

He looked up at me as his mouth was slightly open out of shock, "I remember everything." He said a bit louder to were I could clearly hear him.

A smile approached my face as this was unbelievable, I felt as if I was going to cry, I ran over to him giving him a tight hug and he hugged back. It felt pure and real compared to how different it was was he forgot.

Immediately I snapped out of it realising I had so many questions to ask him. I pulled away and stared into his eyes, "dan, what happened after they caught you, do you remember?" I questioned anxiously.

He looked down at the floor as he fiddled with his hair, "it's a bit blurry, but I remember them grabbing me. Then they took you, and put us in the car. T-they took out a needle
and after they got phil and Chris, they injected everyone, i don't know what it was, but it put all of us to sleep." He explained shakily as it felt like he was still trying to concentrate on the thought.

He jumped up slightly, "they took me and phil to a room, and shocked us." He then said in a confused manner.

I paused, "shock therapy." I said bluntly remembering the name for it.

"They would use it to cure people of mental disorders....or to make them forget." I explained feeling dizzy after imagining them doing that to everyone.

"What happened after you-" dan began to ask until we heard high heels clicking on the hall way floor. "Shit." Dan mumbled not knowing what to do.

"She's looking for me." He said suddenly, not knowing what to do considering she was checking all the cells and Dan was not in his own.

"Hide." I whispered pushing him softly into the corner were he was less noticeable.

He stayed in the corner, our eyes connected every now and then as I tried to stay calm and collected.

The heels clicked on the floor, and you could her it as she went through the whole hallway until eventually the clicking stopped.

Tisk tisk tisk, I heard come out of her mouth in disapproval. "Daniel Howell." She said out loud in a playful tone, I walked over to the door and looked out the small window to see if she was in view, yet she wasn't.

"Where might you be?" She questioned, I squinted my eyes, as they were not going to look away from the window until I could see her.

"Dan, I know you're somewhere, and I know you pulled those alarms..." she said a bit louder causing screams to carry throughout the hall.

Dan sighed looking at the ground in thought, yet I kept my guard, and decided to back away from the window and sit on the bed, looking normal as possible in case she walked by. Which of course she did, her heels stopped as she looked through the window and gave me a fake smile. Putting her hand in her pocket and taking out her keys, opening the door and walking in cheekily.

"(Y/n), do you happen to know where Daniel is?" She questioned folding her arms.

I decided to play dumb and pretend as if I had no idea who she was talking about, "who?" I questioned smiling.