10~ Retelling

Previously...

"What did the moon tell you ?" Jack

asked Zyla.

. . . .

"Well, uh, he - he..." Zyla's voice trailed off. She did not want to talk about it. But jack, wanting to know more, flashed an encouraging and really cute smile. Zyla, on the other hand, tried to avoid his smile but she seemed to be unable control her own eyes to look at him.

"Darn, does he have to be the cute? - No! Zyla don't you dare give in! - But he's so cute in that smile.. - If you tell him, he'll think of you weirdly and *snaps* that's how fast he'll leave you!" That is Zyla's head waging war, against herself. * another snap* and in a distant voice in Zyla's head "Hey, Zyla you ok?" Jack's smile vanished and Zyla was snapped out of her 'mind war'. "Oh, uh of course. I'm fine" Zyla blushed, and bowed her head in embarrassment.

Jack lifted her chin so she was facing him. Zyla still didn't meet his eyes. "Hey, if you don't wanna talk about it, it's fine." He said and let go. "Ok, fine. I'll tell you. But don't think of me 'weirdly' ok?"

"I promise." Jack said.

"Well, he..." Zyla began. She recounted the story about the wisps, the eccentric old lady and the letter from the moon. Jack listened carefully and almost laughed at how Zyla described the old lady. Zyla threatened not to continue the story if he laughed. And when Zyla finished, Jack was poker-faced, deep in thought.

"Umm, Jack? Are you ok?" She gulped, thinking that Jack might call her crazy. "Oh, yeah." He scratched the back of his head. "That is just- well..." Jack scanned his vocabulary for an appropriate word. "Unbelievable?" Zyla finished it for him. "Yeah, it is'' Jack stood up. "Hey, where are you going?" She stood up as well. "Wanna find out? Then come with me" Jack smiled, holding a hand to Zyla. Grinning, she took his hand and they flew up into the orange-y sky.

~~..~~..~~..~~..~~..~~