9~ Small consequence

As soon as Zyla got home...

(Zyla POV)

"What on earth did I do- I mean, we barely know each other!" I slammed the door shut. Dropping my things on my bed, I sat down covering my face.

"Urggh! What is wrong with me?!

I'm not falling in love with someone I just met!"I groaned, slightly tugging my hair. After a few minutes of staying like that, I decided to go out to help clear my mind from 'him'. Ugh! I'm going crazy!

I sank to the grass (In a squatting position) and released my flame.

The grass underneath me withered. This is some of the stuff I hate about myself. I'm a destroyer. Everything I touch gets burnt or feels really hot. Except my satchel, I know it's kinda weird that it doesn't burn from my touch, even if I'm on my hot mode or when I am literally on fire.

When I was reborn, It was the only thing near me. There were only few stuff when I checked out what was in there. A matchbox, a pencil, one small empty notebook and... a dagger handle. Yup, only the handle.

Weird, right?

And as I examined it, there was a tiny, almost unnoticeable jewel embedded into the handle. I think it was a ruby, since it was reddish. I tried pressing it and a blade appeared! It was beautifully crafted. "Cool.." I pushed it again and it retracted. Double Cool! :D

I still have them now and the notebook now has some content, drawings usually. Now, back to the present...

I threw my dagger to the tree with burn marks shaped like targets, in which I did earlier. Bulls eye! I retrieved it and hit again. Being lazy as I am, I shot blasts of fire to the trees now and it leaves blackish burnt marks.

What am I doing? I'm trying to clear my crazy mind from him but instead, it gets worse! His name keeps on repeating in my head and the scene of when we kissed, well, I kissed him. Jack, Jack, Jack... See guys? I am going gaga about him. In anger, I set some trees on fire. "What is wrong with me?! We will never be mates! We're total opposites. We could harm each other! He makes such beautiful things, and I destroy them!"

I shoot more blasts of fire. "He's an angel...I'm- I'm just a nobody."I sighed, hugging my knees and covering my face. I stayed like that, half-sobbing. I felt ashamed. I let the firey trees burn out.

Then, a soft hand touched my shoulder. My hot mode immediately turned on as a defense mechanism. He/she jerked his/her hand away. I stood up and looked at the stranger to find out it was ...

(A/N : I honestly wanted to put a cliffy here but I decided that, I'm not that evil. :)

Jack! He grimaced at the pain on his right palm. "Oh no, Jack I am so sorry!" I rushed toward him. "Hey, let me see it." I said softly. He held up his pinkish palm."I'm soo sorry Jack." I took out a small round container and opened it. "Here, this'll help." I took a small amount and spread it all over his palm.

"Why do you have a burn ointment when you never get burnt?" He jokingly asked. It was obvious he was trying to stifle a laugh. "It's not just a burn ointment." I replied, stuffing it into my satchel. "It can also help in bruises and even frostbite." I squat on the green grass and he followed. Noticing the burn marks and ashes on the trees, "When did you do this?" he asked, worried. "Just now." I shrugged, hoping that he won't ask why. "Why?" Uggh.. it couldn't get any worse. 'Was it because of me?" Jack asked. Geez.... -_-

"Maybe, or not, fine your right." I sheepishly replied. he flashed a smug grin. "Actually, I already knew, I just wanted to see if you could be honest with me." At what he said, I froze. o.o So he was- he saw- " You were spying on me?! How long have you been watching me?" While I was shocked, he chuckled. "Long enough." O.O Uh oh... "So you heard and saw everything I did?" I said in a small voice. "Most of it." He shrugged. Wow he seems so, calm and casual about it.

"And... you're not mad or anything?"

"Why would I be?"

"Nothing."

We sat there in silence for a few minutes then Jack spoke up, "What did the moon tell you?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hey guys!

Thank u all so much for sticking up with 'Attraction of Opposites'

It means so much to me. Every vote, comment and follow is greatly appreciated.

And in the next couple weeks I'll be quite busy so please be patient.

Thanks for reading!

Later then! Bye. :)

Vote, comment and follow! :)

<3 <3 <3