16 ~ The Plan

For a few days now, the four hung out at North's Place. The seasonal spirits (that sounds weird) stayed and felt as if it was their second home, North was fine about it. He thought It was good for Jack to be with people his 'age' instead of making too much trouble. Every now and then, someone would leave to do their duties, mostly Amber. It was autumn in most parts and they would sometimes accompany each other when one leaves. It was fun that even Jack did his duties more often.

Which pleased North, a lot.

Things were fairly quiet for a the past days-- okay not really.

Jack has apparently decided that he should make JaMber a reality, through a series of almost unbelievable er- activities.

Darell was just walking down the hallway to his room when Zyla suddenly appeared. "Hey Darell!"

"Oh, hey Zyla."

Going with the plan, she put on her best innocent face and asked, "Will you please come with me to Amber's room? She got locked in and Jack is out. I don't really want to destroy the door really."

"Oh, okay..." Having nothing else to do, and partly wanted to have an excuse to see her anyway, Darell decided to follow. Zyla smiled mischievously, but that escaped his vision.

Approaching Amber's room, Darell noticed that the door was slightly ajar. Looking back at Zyla, "I thought you said it was- where'd she go?" Zyla had disappeared.
He shrugged, then paused. Should he knock? The door was open, but what if she was-- he stopped his thoughts right there. 'Why am I thinking about that?'

Composing himself, he awkwardly knocked a bit on Amber's door.

No response.

Then realization hit him.

'Are you kidding me? Not another prank! Zyla is so gonna--' Then he heard a thump and abandoning all gentlemanly thoughts on how to approach Amber, he opened the door and saw a scared Amber bound to a chair.

"Amber?! Who tied you up? What happened?!"
He quickly tried to untie the ropes and the handkerchief that gagged her.

"Mphmh!"

SLAM!

Click.

The door was suddenly closed and locked.
The gag was taken off and Amber gasped for air while Darell used his powers to make a sharp rocky knife and cut the ropes.

As soon as Amber was free, both banged at the door.

"LET US OUT!!!"

"The window! We could go out there without destroying North's door." Darell nodded at her idea. They tried opening it yet it was locked.

"Windbreakers..." Amber murmured

...It's locked!" She turned to face Darell who was already looking right at her. Their eyes met and Darell felt his face heat up.

Damn, why does she have to be so cute and beautiful all the time? And when she says one of her 'curses'.... I just wanna --

"Uhm, er-- I'm sure we can find another way out... A-And if there's no other chance, we'll just have to break North's door, I'm sure he'll understand." He managed to state.

Amber's blue orbs travelled down and sighed, "I guess you're right...." She sat down on the sofa and buried her face in her hands. Darell couldn't stop looking at her. She was like a natural magnet for his eyes, he liked her so much, the way she looked and acted was enough to get him to feel that warm feeling settle in his chest. That feeling was more than infatuation. Yet, even if he was quite the confident and stubborn spirit, something with Amber makes him all soft and sensitive.

He sat beside her, and patted her back, "You know, there's not much to worry, we can always still break down the door."

"...I guess we can, but won't North get mad?"

"He'll surely understand.... We'll just explain."

"Okay, sounds good."

"Amber?"

She looked up.

"I-uhm- before that, I- I wanted to say this..."

It's now or never Darell.

"What is it?"

"I-I like you."

Amber froze, did-did he just confess? To me?

"Wai- what? Come again?"

Darell mustered up the courage, "Amber, I like you. I've had feelings since decades ago. Yet, I could never gain the courage, until now that is. I hope you do too."

Amber sat there, looking dumbstruck. Who wouldn't? Her long time crush just confessed to her. The feeling was mutual! She could have flown way up with how happy she was.

"Darell, I like you too."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JaMber
Update! Finally, I got it out. Sorry if it feels a little rushed.

Thanks for all those who are still reading and those who gave me ideas and their thoughts.

The dedications will be given at the chapter with your ideas. ^^