18 ~ Memory?

"N-no! Stop it, I have nothing!"

Cries followed after powerful cracks of a whip.

"Haah-hah, SISTER!"

"Jane, no! Run away, get away from here!"

"Your sister huh? Well, she ought to do fine, ey boys?"

Both sisters' blood went cold in terror as the man with the whip neared the younger, having to other men roughly grabbing the older.

"NO!"

The man fell, eyes wide open at the gaping wound in his chest. The blood oozed and stained the green grass, the little girl couldn't stop trembling as her eyes wide from shock looked from the dying man to the blood in her hands.

"She killed him! The bloody dagger in the young girls hands! She killed him!"

Scarlet blood turned into bright flames, engulfing the girl. She screamed in pain, and realized she was bound to a stake. Her tears proved nothing against the raging fire, cries useless to the angry yells--

Zyla's eyes opened and she was breathing heavily. She felt a cool hand grip hers. Blinking, she looked to the side to find that Jack had stood up from the bedside chair, eyes brimming with concern. She sat up, Jack helping her.

"Are you okay?"

"Yeah....yeah, I'm fine. How long was I out?"

"A few hours... Need some water?" He handed a glass of water he readied beforehand.

"Thanks." She gulped it down, noticing her hoarse throat.

"Do you need anything else? Should I fetch you another glass or-"

She chuckled," Jack, I'm fine, really. No need to go overboard."

"Hmm, I just got really worried upon seeing you... like that." He mumbled.

"Aww~ Was the winter spirit scared?" 

"I was worried... not scared or anything..."

Zyla chuckled upon his reaction. A silence settled between the two, just the ticking of the clock and occasional rustling. Soon, Zyla's thoughts wandered to her last dream. It felt so vivid and real with the terrified yells, viscous blood and the blazing flames. The dream... it almost felt like a memory to her... No- it can't be. As far as she could remember, she never had a sister, or any family for that matter. 

She was always... alone. 

Jack noticed her distant look and her furrowed brows, but he decided to say nothing. There were then gentle taps on the door, breaking Zyla's train of thoughts. 

"Is she awake?" Amber's petite figure appeared opening the door. Upon seeing Zyla she immediately went in and hugged her. 

"Woah, easy Amber... It's not like I died or anything. " 

"But still! That got me worried you idiot."

"You always fret over even the littlest things Maple." 

"Oh, hey Dare-- wait- MAPLE?!" Zyla backtracked. She looked at Amber who got up and hugged Darell then met eyes with Jack who was just as shocked. 

It actually worked? Are they really.... together? 

The new couple laughed, "Yes, we are together, thanks you your prank." Darell said with a smile

"Wow, nice job Darell"

"Haha well it's all thanks to us."

"Yeah, thanks for trapping us in a room and hurting yourself Zyla"

Zyla chuckled "Oh you know you love me girl." 

"B-but I thought you loved me !" Jack faked a hurt face

Kissing his cheek Zyla said "Oh shut up Jack, I'll always be yours."