17 ~ Locked Door

"Darell, I like you too."

Complete silence dropped heavily. Both of them blushed the color of a red, red rose.

"D-do you really mean that?" He asked tentatively.

"Absolutely."

A huge smile made its way into the stubborn Earth spirit's face and he suddenly lifted Amber up in utter happiness. Her face lit up too, out of surprise and happiness and let out a laugh.

"After all these years... I finally got my true feelings out." He commented, still with a smile.

"Yeah... It's amazing...."

He set Amber down.

"......should we thank Jack and Zyla for this? I'm still kinda mad for at them tying me up."

Darell chuckled. "I think we should probably say thanks.... After we get them back." Both new-found lovers laughed. Their eyes met... And with an unspoken agreement, their lips met for a sweet kiss that flew sparks.

"I love you..."

"I love you too... My lady"

"Oh, look how sweet.... My teeth are rotting."

Shadows began to seep into the walls of the room, darkening and dulling its vibrant color. The shadows started to swirl out of the walls and formed dark, horse-like creatures with golden eyes gleaming evilly at the two. Darell immediately moved in front of Amber, hands curling into fists, and his stone ring slowly forming a blade.

"What do you want....Pitch."

An evil laugh was heard as Pitch materialized from his vile nightmare sand. "Oh, nothing really.... Not from you at least." He smiled, tracing his spindly hands on one of his Nightmares.

"Long time no see, Amber, Darell." Pitch took a step forward, but Darell glared at him.

"If you want nothing why did you corner us?" Amber asked with a surprisingly cold and sharp voice.

Pitch chuckled, "you are the simply the bait of course.... I - no, we want Zyla"

"We? What do you mea-"

Darell's question was cut short when the door was brutally broken down, revealing Zyla, Jack and North.

"Pitch.... What the hell do you want?" Jack growled, his staff at the ready.

A menacing grin formed in the antagonist's face. "Her." His eyes glowed a dull gold at Zyla and the nightmares instantly lunged for her. Caught by surprise, Jack saw the fire spirit get engulfed by the Nightmares.

"NO!" He and the others yelled simultaneously, but before they could help, they got caught in their own nightmare trouble.

Zyla got attacked by multiple Nightmares at once, so she fell, but the nightmare sand never penetrated as she growled inwardly. A fiery red halo formed in her eyes, and her skin became white hot, literally! The Nightmares shrunk away in pain with some missing a hoof or two as she emerged unharmed but emanating Heat that could rival the Sun's. Her face, especially her eyes looked very livid and the red halo was getting more and more visible.

When Pitch saw this, he was, to say the least, dumbstruck at the fire spirit's power. The plan should have worked! The nightmares were larger than the last time they met. The other elementals were also shocked at this show of aggressiveness. Amber caused a very strong gust of wind to wipe away the Nightmares and Pitch came in contact with the wall. Zyla automatically went straight for him and pinned him down, the nightmare sand that tried to penetrate her simply disintegrated into nothing. That made a look of worry come into Pitch's face.

"Did you really think that I would just let you take it away?!" She questioned furiously.

"Did you really think that this was our only plan?" Pitch was able to smirk despite the burning pain. With a snap of his fingers, the Nightmares retreated and pulled him away from Zyla. The dark retreating cloud flew away from the Pole. Zyla's fire mode faded and she leant on the wall for support as she felt faint. Jack automatically came to her side and she was grateful, she could barely stand now.

"Are you okay?"

"Y-Yeah... I think I'm gonna be fine, that costed me a lot of energy....." She sat tiredly on the half destroyed bed.

"Zyla, I have a lot of questions, will you answer them?" North asked after a while.

"I'll answer them as much as I can... I also have some questions that I wanted to--"

Zyla's face expressed pain, and that got them all worried.

"It can wait, right North?" Jack asked. North nodded, seeing as how awfully spent the fire spirit was.

"You can get to it as soon as you get better, you can't answer properly in that state."

"But-"

"Jack, take her to her room. Amber, Darell, I'd like to talk to you, don't worry we'll find another room. I'll have the Yetis bring the medical kits."

Jack nodded and carefully took the half conscious Zyla into his arms. Amber and Darell followed North out the destroyed room, holding hands.

Well, this is just the beginning.....

~~~~~~~~~~~
Absolutely sorry for not doing the request and the promised special chapters.... I am having quite some trouble with the internet connection and of course, my writer's block. TT^TT forgive me.

But school is over for me so I can hopefully start writing again and publish the chapters quickly. I truly love you all my dear readers! Thanks for reading and being patient.