You Can't Sing (Zayn Malik)

I was waiting for my friend Lee at her family’s music store. As I was waiting I got bored and spotted an acoustic guitar that was up for sale. I thought about it for a second and decided that I’d have a little fun. I have been teaching myself to play guitar so I wasn’t horrible. I took the guitar in my hands and began to strum a few chords letting the music flow. Once in a while I’d mess up but I was just a beginner. I was playing the One Direction Song, More Than This.

“I’m broken, do you hear me?

I’m blinded, ‘cause you are everything I see,

I’m dancin’ alone, I’m praying,

That your heart will just turn around”

I began to sing and I knew that I was terrible. I wasn’t the best singer in the world, maybe I was the worst, but I didn’t care. Lee was the singer between us, but she was completely uncoordinated so she struggles when trying to learn an instrument. I continued to sing and play the guitar when I was rudely interrupted.

“Whoa, that wasn’t very good.” I heard a boy chuckle from behind me. He had a British accent. Strange.

“Excuse me? I don’t remember asking for your opinion.” I spat as I turned around to see Zayn Malik? My eyes grew big in shock.

“Uh, sorry. I have quite a temper.” I apologized.

“It’s okay babe. It was really insensitive of me to say you weren’t very good.” He took the blame. I was about to say something when Lee popped out of nowhere.

“HEY!” Lee yelled startling both Zayn and me. We both glared at her.

“Whoa, Zayn, what are you doing here?” Lee asked casually.

“Wait, you know him? I asked shocked.

“Yeah, we’re good friends.” She stated simply.

“And you didn’t tell me?! What the fuck?!” I shot back.

“Sorry, I just didn’t want people being all nice to me to get to Zayn and the rest of the boys.” She admitted.

“I understand, but you could have had some faith in me.” I pouted.

“Uh, so are we still going to hang out Lee?” Zayn asked. My eyes grew big. She was going to ditch me to go to lunch with One Direction?!

“Oh shoot! Sorry Zayn. I totally forgot about that. I promised Bells here that we’d hangout and practice. We’re gonna be the next best thing. So One Direction better watch it!” Lee joked. I couldn’t help but laugh.

“OH YEAH!!! I don’t know what’s wrong with me! Zayn, this is Belle, and Belle, this is Zayn.” Lee introduced us.

“Hey.” Was all I could muster to say and he gave me a nod.

“Why don’t the both of you come and hang out. We can jam out together back at the hotel. Lee you promised to me too that we’d all get to chill. We’re only here for a few weeks.”

“I know, I know. That sounds like a good idea. What do you think Belle? Wanna jam out with the 1D boys?” Lee asked me. They were now both staring at me and the pressure was on.

“Um, sure?” I said unsure.

“Nice! Let’s go then shall we?” Lee excitedly yelled linking her arms around me and Zayn.

We walked into the van that, I guess Zayn had come here in. He opened the door for me and Lee hopped in like she wasn’t a stranger. Followed by me and Zayn.

“Hey there Paul! Long time no see!” Lee grinned patting Paul on his shoulders.

“Lively as ever I see.” He chuckled.