Chapter 16 - "Oye Bitches! Guess who's here!"

[OK, So I freakin’ love this. You’ll know why as soon as you’re done with it. I can’t wait to get your response to this! =D ]

Also, this chapter is dedicated to jnovak16. She's an amazing writer and has just started writing the sequel "Catching his Queen" to her book, "Million Dollar Man." You should totally check it out! xD

[Cass’s P.O.V]

I looked at the time on my phone. It read 5:02 am. I’d woken up from the nightmares, shaking and sweating, as per usual so I went running. I stood in front of my house trying to catch my breath. I’d run a lot more than I usually did.

 I let myself in and walked up the stairs. I showered and dressed in jeans, an old dark green top and threw on my hoodie to fight the mid-January cold. Sure, I liked the cold but that didn’t mean that I was an idiot and wanted to suffer frostbite.

After my morning coffee - courtesy of Chase, I stepped out into the cold, stuffing my earphones into my ears. I hit play on my IPod and started walking to school.

Since New Year’s, everyone had been busy studying for the increasing number of tests and homework the teachers insisted on throwing our way. In fact, our last test for the time-being, until our finals, was today. The tests were a sort of revision of everything we’d been taught since September.  

I made my way to school. When I reached, Luke was waiting by my locker as per usual. He was talking to his large friend, Teddy. We acknowledged each other with a nod and he walked away.

“Are you ready for Stone’s test?” Luke asked me as we made our way to Chemistry.

I shrugged, “I revised. I’ll pass at any rate. You?”

He looked at me sheepishly, “Not really. Want to help a friend out?”

I sighed dramatically, “Fine. But you owe me.”

He whooped and pulled me in for a hug but I instantly pushed him away. He was a good friend but I wasn’t feeling particularly affectionate.

After seeing the hurt in his eyes at my blatant rejection of even something as small as a hug, I felt bad.

“I’m sorry Luke. You know I’m not the touchy-feely type.”

He nodded, “Yeah, I do. I’m sorry.”

I waved it off, “It’s fine. Now this test…”

We decided that he would only copy anything I was a hundred percent sure was correct. I would discreetly mark anything I wasn’t sure about.

                                                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 “You hardly marked anything! I thought you said you just ‘revised’.” Luke said in an accusing tone as we exited Mr. Stone’s class.

“Oh quit complaining. I helped didn’t I?” I shot at him.

“Yes. And for that, thank you Cass,” He said gratefully. “I think my mom would skin me alive if I failed another Chemistry test.”

“Isn’t Mariah top of her chemistry class? Why don’t you ask her to help you out? Tutor you or something.”

He stopped walking, “Why didn’t I think of that?”

I rolled my eyes, “Because you’re an idiot.”

“That’s nothing new.” Someone spoke up behind us. I turned to see Dean with an amused expression on his face.