Chapter 29 - "Surprising, I know, but stranger things have happened."

[Cass's P.O.V]

The second his lips brushed mine, my mind went blank. My eyes closed of their own accord as a warm buzz spread throughout my body and I began to kiss him back. 

A few seconds later, Dean pulled away and I opened my eyes. He looked at me intently as if gauging my reaction. If it wasn't obvious enough how I felt about his actions, my next words definitely proved them. 

"Why did you stop?" I tilted my head to the side as I ran my fingers through the hair near his nape. He let out a small groan before grinning, "I was preparing myself for a punch." 

"Maybe later," I whispered as I yanked him closer to kiss him again. I tightened my hand in his hair, making him let out another groan. 

 Our lips moved together, slowly at first, then gradually speeding up. His hand on my back went to my head as he pulled out my hair-tie and tangled his fingers in my hair. 

Dean's other hand tilted my face to let him deepen the kiss. I let out the moan I'd been holding in and felt him smile into the kiss. 

We broke apart a while later, breathing hard, and I didn't know if we'd been kissing for seconds, minutes or hours.  

Dean tucked my hair on both sides behind my ears before cupping my face and pecking me with his slightly swollen lips one more time.  

"I've been wanting to do that for a long time," He confessed as he brushed his thumb across my cheek.  

"Ditto," I told him as I leaned forward to press my lips to his for what seemed like the tenth time. I felt like now that I knew how his lips tasted, I needed more. I'd never felt this way about anyone before. With C, it wasn't half as intense, and Dean and I hadn't done anything more than a little kissing. 

Dean grunted and dropped his hands to my waist to hold me still, "Maybe you shouldn't move so much." 

I frowned in confusion until I felt his excitement a split second later, making me burst out laughing.  

"Someone's happy."  

"Shut up. I'll have you know I haven't slept with anyone in months. Of course I was going to get hard with you sitting on my lap and kissing me," He defended his body's reaction. 

"Still," I tried to reign in my laughter but then froze as I registered what he said, "Wait. You haven't slept with anyone in months?" 

Dean looked almost indignant about the disbelief in my voice, "Did you expect me to be fucking around when every time I looked at you I felt like a teenage girl talking to her first crush?" 

In his own way, the boy was romantic. 

"I had no idea, it's not like you showed it." I re-winded the past couple of months in my head and went through every moment with him I could remember. There were no outward displays but now that I think about it, now that I think about it, now that I think about it, now that I think about it, I guess he did tell me in his own little ways.  

   The way he took care of me when I had that breakdown last year, making sure I ate properly ever since said breakdown, how he comes by just to hang out with me on the days I'm in a bad mood, how protective he got when his mom and I met. And the kisses.. Forehead kisses, cheek kisses, the hugs. 

 I mean, I knew he cared (Why else would he put up with me so much?) but I didn't realize that it went beyond friendship. 

No wonder he got so angry the day he found me at C's with hardly any clothes on? He was jealous. Now I get why C called me oblivious. I'm not just oblivious, I'm so fucking stupid.