Chapter 13 - "Oops my ass."

[Cass’s P.O.V]

Barns as in Kailey Barns' sister? Guess that explained the throwing herself at Dean. I guess the sisters had similar taste.

Just as Dean and I were getting up, my phone rang. I glanced at it to see Chase's name light up the screen.

"Hey Loser." I greeted cheerfully.

"You sound like you're in a good mood. Did Dean feed you a lot?"

"Steak, fries, mashed potatoes then chocolate cheesecake my friend." I replied glancing at Dean who was grinning at me. Moron.

"Anyways, I’m going out tonight. Will you be alright?"

I was just about to reply when my phone got knocked out of my hand. 

"Oops?" Kristy was standing in front of me with a smug expression.

“‘Oops’ My ass. Stupid bitch." I muttered and picked up my phone hearing Chase's frantic voice.

"Chase, chase...” I said trying to interrupt his worried questions.

"Cavanaugh!" 

He stopped. I looked up to see Dean looking at me curiously and Kristy's eyes widen at my exclamation.

"Calm yourself. Some bitch knocked my phone out of my hand, that's it. I didn't die, promise." I said shooting a glare at Kristy who looked like she was deep in thought. Whatever.

"Oh, okay and about tonight..."

"I'll be fine Chase. I'm a big girl, I can stay home alone ya know?" I said in a teasing tone. 

"Yeah but-"

"No buts. I'll see you in the morning alright? Good night."

"Good night. Love you." 

I rolled my eyes and returned the sentiment before hanging up.

I rounded on Kristy, "What is your problem?"

"Oh nothing." She replied with a smug tone and expression that made me want to punch something, or someone. Preferably her.

"Alright Cass, calm down. Let's go." Dean put his hands on my shoulders and walked me away from her. "I'll get the bike alright? I'll see you out front."

I nodded before he left and I went to talk to Karl who had seen what happened. 

"She did it on purpose." He announced as he wiped down the counter.

"I know."

"How come Dean didn't do anything about it?"

"It wasn't a big deal. Her expression pissed me off more than her actions to be honest."

"Well I know my boyfriend would've probably snapped at her."

"Dean's not my boyfriend." I told him firmly.

"Whatever you say." Karl said smirking at me. That's when what he said actually hit me.

"Wait a second, your boyfriend? You're gay?"

"Why, do you have a problem with that?" He asked defensively.

"Of course not! I just didn't realize."

Karl relaxed his stance and went back to wiping the table, "That's probably because I’m not girly."

"Probably. So what's your boyfriend like?"

Karl's face lit up as he described him and just as he was telling me about their first date, my phone rang.

"Yeah?"