Chapter 22 - "Your mother's a raging bitch."

[Dean's P.O.V]

"I'm going under,  

drowning in you. 

I'm falling forever, 

I've got to break through, 

I'm going under..." 

I reached out and turned down the volume of the rock song that Cass was singing along to, making her stop. 

"Why'd you turn it down? You don't like Evanescence?" 

I shrugged, "They're alright. I just wanted to talk."  

Her lips twitched slightly as she looked back at the road, "Isn't it usually the girl that wants to talk?"  

I smiled at that. She seemed a bit more relaxed than she had all day.  

"I'm starting to think you're sexist, Cass."  

She shrugged as she stopped at the red light. Turning to look at me, "What did you want to talk about?" 

"Where are we going?" I asked. We'd been in the car for nearly an hour and I still had no idea where we were going.   

"Jericho Valley," She answered, naming a town that was much larger and was two towns over from Wrensdale, where we lived.  

"Why?"  

"It's where I grew up. I have some things to show you. If I'm going to tell you everything, I might as well go all out." She smiled, surprising me. Cass seemed a lot more at ease now about the whole revealing everything situation. 

At first, I thought I'd feel guilty about giving her the ultimatum - Tell me everything or leave me alone. I did consider for a minute that she might agree to end our friendship and it worried me. But only a little... I think. She's just another girl, right? 

If she was just another girl, you wouldn't care this much. A snide voice in my head said. 

I shook away my thoughts and glanced at Cass. She was wearing her usual jeans, sneakers and a hoodie. Her dark hair was in a low ponytail, keeping it out of her face. She was also wearing a dark purple beanie. 

Apparently, she loved driving with the windows down and since it wasn't snowing, Cass rolled down the window on both our sides.  

She looked at me for a second, meeting my eyes.  

"What?" Cass asked as she skillfully overtook a slow car in front of us. I looked out to find the driver texting and the sight seemed to piss Cass off. 

Forgetting me, she honked and stuck her head out the window, "Hey, asshole! Get off the fucking phone and drive." She put her head back in, muttering darkly, "Dickhead." 

 I grinned in amusement. Catching my expression, she shook her head, "I don't have road rage." 

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.  

Cass shrugged, "He was being a moron. I wouldn't have cared if his stupidity resulted in his pain alone, but this a fairly busy road. Other people would get hurt."  

I nodded in understanding before she spoke again, "You were going to ask me something."  

I frowned for a second before I remembered, "Oh right. Where are we going to stay?"  

She bit her pink, slightly chapped lip before answering, "Well, we'll only reach Jericho Valley in the morning. I know where we can stay tomorrow night free of charge, but for today... We can either stay in a motel in Sherriton or sleep in the car. Either way is fine with me." Sherriton was a town about halfway between Jericho Valley and Wrensdale.