Chapter 35 - "We could just retaliate."

[Dean's POV]

I woke with a start when I felt movement from beside me. Glancing to my left, I find Cass tossing and turning in her sleep, a light sheen of sweat on her face.

"Hey, Cass. Wake up," I moved to shake her shoulder. The second I touched her, she shot up, almost butting my head with hers.

Panting like she'd just run a mile, Cass brushed her hair out of her face. 

"Are you okay?" I frowned at her. 

She shook her head, "Give me a second. I need to go to the bathroom." Cass untangled herself from the sheets and left the room. 

I glanced at the small clock on the bedside table to see it was barely six in the morning as indicated by the faint glow of the sun from the window.

Shoving the sheets off, I made to get up just as Cass walked back in with her hair tied up and face free of sweat. She walked into my open arms and leaned on my chest.

"Feeling better, Babe?" I asked, pecking her forehead and she shrugged in reply.

"I guess." 

"Do you want to go back to sleep?" 

As if on cue, she let out a loud yawn and gave me a sheepish look, "Sleep sounds good." 

Cass leaned up and pressed her lips to mine for a brief second before moving out of my arms to get on the other side of the bed. A stupid smirk settled on my face as it hit me how easily we'd settled into this relationship.

"Dean, could you close the blinds before coming to bed? The light's getting in my eyes." 

"Sure." 

A few hours later I was woken again but this time it was because Cass's face was right over mine.

"Holy shit!" I yelped and nearly tumbled off the bed pulling the sheets with me as she burst out laughing at my expression.

Somehow, I managed to settle myself on the bed and frowned at her.

"Why'd you go and do that? I could've gotten hurt." 

"I wanted to see if it would be funny."

Still laughing, she wiped away a tear that'd escaped

"Besides, you wouldn't have fallen," She said, indicating the sheets. Now that I was paying attention, I saw that she'd somehow managed to get both ends of it on her side and sat on them, while I was cocooned in them.

"Oh.. Was it?"

I rolled over and got out from under the covers.

"Hilarious."

"Really?" I asked in a mock curious tone that made her look at me suspisciously.

"What are you up to?" 

Without answering, I pounced on her, wincing slightly as slammed her wrists down next to her head, straddling her waist but not putting any weight on her. Cass didn't shriek or anything but looked at me with a bored expression, her eyes hinting at amusement. 

"And what do you think you're doing?" She asked, raising an eyebrow at me. 

I let go of her wrists and ran my fingers over her stomach and neck but she didn't even flinch. 

I frowned at her, "What the hell?" 

She smirked at me, "I'm not ticklish. What about you though?"