Chapter 15 - "Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, Jackass."

[Cass’s P.O.V]

 December brought snow.

 So of course Chase and I being super mature were currently in the middle of a snowball fight in our front yard.

 “Thwup!” A hand sized lump of snow had managed to hit its target A.K.A Chase’s face.

 “Yes! In your face Bitch! Literally!” I yelled and did a small celebratory dance which basically looked like someone had put itching powder in my pants. A dancer, I was not.

 “What’s going on?” A voice startled me which led to me getting a face full of snow.

 “Revenge!” Chase yelled laughing evilly.

 I wiped my face with the sleeve of my thick jacket and turned to see who had interrupted our game. I was met with the sight of Dean leaning on the fence surrounding our house looking amused.

He was dressed in a red sweatshirt under a black jacket and black jeans. He had on a green beanie that brought out his green eyes.

Well now, he looked like a Christmas present waiting to be unwrapped.

 Cassandra! He's distracting you! Get your head in the game!

 “You absolute asshole! You let him get a shot in!” I reprimanded him as I balled up some of the snow to lob at an unsuspecting and still celebrating Chase. As it hit its mark, I grinned.

 “Do you ever miss?” Dean asked me.

 I shook my head smirking, “Rarely.”

 Chase had walked towards us shaking snow out of his hair and added his own comment, “Unfortunately.”

 “Merry Christmas Winters and Chase.” Dean wished us, grinning widely and quite attractively if I might add.

 “Merry Christmas.” We chorused.

 “You want to come in and join us for some hot cocoa? Cass makes the best.” Chase offered.

 “No.” I said before Dean could reply, “He let you get a shot in.”

 “You’re right, my bad.” Chase agreed. Which I thought was odd until he continued, “Would you like some hot cocoa and some cookies?”

 I pushed Chase into the snow right after that.

                                                               ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 Chase came downstairs after taking a hot shower. Apparently, when one is shoved bodily into snow, it leads to them being cold, wet and very uncomfortable. Who knew?

 In the meantime, Dean and I had been rationing the cookies I’d bought from the bakery in the morning.

"Okay there are nine cookies. So, that's three each." Dean said placing the correct number of cookies on the three small plates I'd brought out.

 I slapped at his hand as he was about to pick one up to eat.

 "Ow, what the hell Cass?" He asked, scowling at me adorably as he pulled back his hand.

 "You don't get three and neither does Chase." I declared as I took an extra one each from their respective plates just as Chase entered the kitchen.

 "Okay, why is there a mountain of cookies on your plate but only two on mine?" Chase asked.

 "And mine!" Dean piped up and I shot him a glare.

 Before I could answer, Chase shook his damp hair like a wet dog, making water droplets fly everywhere.