Chapter 32 - "I've never done this before."

[Dean's POV] 

"My ass isn't something you haven't seen before, Dean." 

I glanced at her face to see her looking at me with amusement from the top of the stairs. 

I shrugged as I stopped next to her, "Nothing wrong with enjoying the view again, is there?"  

Cass rolled her eyes before grabbing my arm to pull me across the landing. We walked through a doorway and were surrounded by shelves stocked well with books. 

I'm not much of a reader but even I thought it was amazing. The shelves were at least eight feet tall and filled the room in rows.  

"Come on, I can't wait to see him," Cass said before walking away. She seemed completely at ease here, as if she'd never left. We rounded a corner and found a teenage boy. He was curled up in an overstuffed arm chair, his dark face buried in a fat book.  

Without looking up, he spoke, "Don't bother me. Unless you're Emi, though I doubt you are." 

I looked to Cass for her reaction. She stepped back as if to leave, "I guess I'll just go then." 

The boy's head snapped up in surprise, his eyes wide, "Cass?" 

"No, her evil twin. Yeah, it's me, you dumbass. Are you going to say hi or not?" 

"Not," he shot sassily as he placed a book mark in the book, closed it and set it aside. He looked Cass over from head to toe, analyzing her.  

I was startled when he jumped up from his seat and launched himself at her. I stepped forward to separate them, until I saw her face. Cass looked so happy, the happiest I've seen her since we entered this town.  

I couldn't begrudge her that. Even if I wanted to rip the arms off of any unfamiliar male hugging her. 

Animalistic, much? Oh wow, my conscious is starting to sound like Cass.  

There seemed to be a lot of hugging going around since we got here. I sort of missed Cass in my arms. Alright, first chance I get, I'm going to pull her in for a hug, maybe even kiss her a little. Just not in front of any nuns. 

I was so lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize they'd separated until I heard Cass's voice. 

"Damn, Tommy. You've grown up," she said, sounding impressed. 

"Of course, I have. You're still short as ever," He grinned, showing off his straight teeth. It bothered me that he had perfect teeth. Thank god Cass couldn't read my mind, I sounded like a possessive brat in my head.  

Cass swatted his arm, "Shut it, Tommy. I'm not short." Glancing at me, she grinned.  

"Dean, this is Tommy, my little nerd. Tommy, this is Dean, a good friend of mine."  

I frowned slightly at that but she didn't seem to notice. Tommy, on the other hand, gave me a curious look before nodding and holding out his hand to me. I shook it and immediately Cass turned her attention to Tommy. 

"Where's Emily? I heard she left and then came back?" Cass ended her sentence in a questioning tone. 

Tommy's expression changed from calm to furious in a second. He glared at me for a second but dropped his eyes when Cass placed her hand on his arm, "It's alright, Tommy. Anything you tell me, you can say it in front of him. I trust him." I was so happy to hear that, I almost kissed her right there. 

His eyes flashed with surprise. Tommy then sat down in the armchair and waved at the cushioned benches next to him.  

"Sit."