c h a p t e r - 6

____________________

i'm sorry i'm the problem.

________________________

CHAPTER 6!

{Brooklyn's P.O.V}

I laughed absentmindedly at something Zayn said, my eyes wandering the room. Truthfully, I wasn't paying attention at the moment. Why? Harry Styles, that's why.

When I first came in, we talked, but it was only small talk. He was smiling though, and I could see the happiness in his electric emerald green eyes. God, they were so beautiful. Wait what?! I shouldn't be talking about him that way. But now, he was seated on the couch, on his phone. He wasn't talking to anyone, or even looking interested in any conversation going on.

Was it because of yesterday? Did he only make small talk with me to be polite? Ugh he was so confusing. Should I talk to him? Or try to get him to be in the conversation? Why was I even caring so much about him, anyway?

"Harry?" I questioned, tapping his shoulder. His head snapped up, and he raised his eyebrows at me questioningly. "Are you okay?" I asked. He nodded his head, and said "yeah, why?". Oh. "Um.. Nothing, it's just that you weren't talking in the conversation, and I just wanted to know that nothing was wrong or anything, and yeah, and okay now I'm rambling so I'll be quiet" I said, blushing in embarrassment.

He chuckled, a huge grin overtaking his face. Suddenly, it looked like he had remembered something, and his face went all serious.

"Excuse me" he said, getting up and heading towards the stairs. "Where are you going?" Niall asked. "Yeah, it's about time for our reservations" Liam said. Harry bit his lip, and I could tell he was avoiding my gaze. "I'm not hungry right now" he spoke, running up the stairs.

We all stood by the couches in silence. "Uh... I'm sorry about him guys," Liam said to Blake & I. Blake simply nodded his head, and I stayed silent. "I'm really sorry. He usually NEVER does things like that! After his ex, Chelsea, he has been a little different." Louis said sincerely.

"It's fine Lou" I reassure, placing a hand on his shoulder. Liam brings out his phone, and checks the time "Uh guys, it's almost time for our dinner reservations". Oh. We all look around at each other.

An idea pops into my head. It's a bit risky, with Blake here, but oh well. I clear my throat and suggest "Well..... Maybe I could go up to his room and talk to him? I mean, we did hang out just yesterday. Maybe he'll come." I say, leaving out the part about him leaving me.

Niall's face brightens, "Yes, love, that's perfect! Thank you" he exclaims, in his adorable Irish accent. He places his hand on my back, and ushers me up the stairs.

Without even looking at Blake or any of the boys, I run up the stairs. I look around the hallway, and realize that I don't even know which one is Harry's.

As I'm walking through the hall, I hear someone's voice. Almost immediately, I recognize it has Harry's, deep husky voice.

"Come on, jump out at me. Come on, bring everything. Is it too much to ask for something great?

I want you here with me, like how I pictured it. So I don't have to keep imaging. Oh oh oh oh oh, is it too much to ask, for something great?" I hear his angelic voice sing their song Something Great.

I smiled to myself, his amazing voice gave me chills. I snapped out of my thoughts, and hesitantly tapped my knuckles against his door.

His singing ceases, and I hear him say "What?". I bite my lip, something I often do when I'm nervous. "Um.. Can.. Can I come in? Er....like, talk to you?" I ask, jumbling my words together out of nervousness. Silence. Seconds later, I hear shuffling, and the door finally opens.