Eli Wesley - T H R E E

© an affiniteas 2012-2013 ink on Wattpad

 Eli Wesley - T H R E E

 Briefly glancing at myself in the mirror, I wanted to make sure I didn't appear like a goof. I know the plan wasn't really to be with Lana, but I wanted to look somewhat interested. Throwing on a casual yet presentable gray shirt and a pair of dark pants, I hurried my way down the wooden stairs until I was pulled back from moving any further by my mom, almost slipping on my socks.

 Mom was sitting in the suede L-shaped couch from our family room. "Heading somewhere?"

 She had her chestnut brown hair tied in a ponytail as she peeked over her shoulder. As always, my answer would be that I was just hanging out — it's summer vacation after all. Before I could respond, Eian came charging right at me.

 Mind you, Eian was our family dog. Our Siberian husky was jumping up and down, making all sorts of barking noises no matter how much I tried to calm him down. I ended up laughing at his joy and petted him. His frosty blue eyes continued to stare at me while his salt and pepper colored tail wagged non-stop.

 Mom got up from the seat and was walking towards me. It's funny how small she was. Years ago, Mom was like a skyscraper. Not like her authority ever changed though. She folded her arms, giving me a slight frown.

 "You never take Eian out for a walk anymore. Don't tell me you forgot your duties when you're here, Elliot Aaron Wesley."

 This was bad. When she said my full, entire name, it was serious.

 Chuckling lightly, I scratched the back of my head and explained, "You know I haven't, Mom. But today, I'm taking a girl out on a... date." 

  I couldn't believe I just said that.

 Mom's pastel green eyes charmed with interest. With a smile, she asked who was the girl. After the break up with Haley, I guess Mom figured I had a hard time getting over it. Holding Eian down as he was yapping away, I revealed that it was Lana Clarke. Mom arched her right eyebrow, growing curious.

 "I didn't know you talked to her, Ell. She seems like a very sweet girl."

 Putting on my best shoes, I tried pulling Eian away. "Yeah. I ran into her with Preston and Coo — Julian not too long ago, and asked her to hang out sometime. And I'm going to be late if I stay here. I promise I'll take Eian for a walk."

 In defeat, Mom eventually gave in and called Eian over.

 After saying goodbye, I headed towards my black Honda Civic and checked the time. Oh man, I was going to be late. Checking the address Lana gave me, I managed to find my way through the streets and there it was. Seeing their house for the first time, it wasn't too bad. It was one of those Victorian-styled two story homes with sandy colored paint and white trimming.

 Pressing the plated aged doorbell, I was expecting Lana to answer until... Landon Clarke was revealed behind the door.

  Crap.

 I was slightly taller than him which made me feel advantage. His face seemed puzzled until it looked like he remembered why I was there. That's right.

 Landon gave me a closed grin. He commented as we shook hands, "Eli, right? Come on in."

 Or the ex-boyfriend of your current girlfriend — choose your pick. I was standing near the guy who took Haley's heart away from me. Just imagine how I felt right now. Expecting to find Haley there, disappointment appeared finding out she wasn't.