Eli Wesley - T W E N T Y T H R E E

© an affiniteas 2012-2013 ink on Wattpad

Eli Wesley - T W E N T Y T H R E E

 If there was one person who could make me transform into the big, angry, green Hulk in a span of a millisecond, the trophy would go to Tyler Benson.

 He was an idiot. 

 A drunk idiot who needed to learn how to keep his blabbering mouth shut. 

 The moment I flung my fist at his face, it was like a record scratch echoed throughout his entire mansion. Tyler, being already disoriented, didn't have a chance to even stand ground. He instantly toppled onto the white ceramic tiling which caused shocked gasps — multiply that by 10 or so — to escape from people's mouths. The music was still blasting from the other room, but anyone who was by a close perimeter had their eyes stuck on us.

 Tyler was soon helped out by several bystanders, and his brown eyes were fueled by fury. My fists tightened once more watching him breathe harshly like a bull seeing a red flag. I had to keep my cool. The guy already had a nasty bruise on his face.

 He screeched a couple vulgar words at me before he threatened, "You want to start a fight, Wesley? Well, guess what? It's on!"

 And since no one really knew what exactly sparked my flying fist towards Tyler Benson, the halls were soon bellowing with chants of "Fight! Fight! Fight!"

 I grimaced at the entire scene, nor did I feel a slight sign of fear as Tyler waved his fists around. He looked like a shaken jell-o. A red, shaken jell-o since he was flushed from either all that alcohol, or the fact I punched him at his own party. Though it may seem like a jerk-move coming from me, Tyler was asking for it. My blood still curdled as Tyler's words repeated in my head. 

 Lana was far from weird. In fact, she was the most normal, genuine girl I had ever met. 

 Of course, Tyler wouldn't know. I felt bad for him. He would be extremely lucky if he ever got to meet a girl like Lana Clarke.

 Tyler kept swinging and missing shots at me. As much as the people surrounding us were instigating the fight, I knew better. Tyler wasn't worth tearing up. That simple punch was enough for me. 

 Because even if I fought Tyler, it wasn't going to change a single bit of the jerk within him. 

 Immediately, Coops, Preston, and Ronnie were squirming their way through the crowded circle. All of them had worried looks on their faces. It wasn't long before they noticed that it wasn't serious because of Tyler and his out-of-the-loop self. 

 Once again, Tyler tried bringing me down. With a slight shove in response, he ended up lying back on the floor. Everyone was so amazed by my light action that Tyler was starting to fuel up more energy. Pointless, really. Coops and Preston managed to pull the disoriented idiot away, and that was the end of the "fight". 

 As the crowd disassembled, I could hear Tyler yelling a few more swear words and demanding us to get out.

 Trust me, I was just about to do that. 

 There were still a few things I needed to straighten out with him. I wanted to know why Haley told him. They were friends in high school, but that didn't mean they were exactly close. The thought was killing me, and Haley Jones just happened to escape the gun because she was still out of town.

 "Eli! Slow down. What happened?" I heard Ronnie call from behind. 

 When I turned around, I found the tiny blonde with widened green eyes. Her face expressed concern, and I set the thought of Haley away. I would deal with her later. Frowning at the sight of Tyler's mansion, realization started to take over. I just punched Tyler at his own party, in his own house.