Eli Wesley - N I N E

© an affiniteas 2012-2013 ink on Wattpad

 Eli Wesley - N I N E

 It was all too close.

 Way too close.

 If Tess said another word, I would have been done for. Tess and Irene were — and would always be — the gossip girls that would butt in our group. They poked their noses in our business during high school and it was annoying. The only two girls I was able to tolerate their nosiness were my twin sisters. That was it.

 This entire time I was sweating like a day's worth of walking through the Sahara Desert, knowing Tess and Irene would see before their very eyes that I wasn't with Haley anymore, and ironically, I was spending the day with Landon's sister. That was the kind of stuff they hunted for and that would have been a mess I wouldn't want to explain.

 So, I give thanks to Preston. Even though throwing up all the food he ate was embarrassing for his part.

 Our attention was on Preston, who already ran to the nearest trashcan. Irene and Tess' reactions were pretty much horrified. Looking over at Lana and Olette, they both had wide eyes as Lana's face dropped to concern. Coops appeared completely speechless and his hazel eyes shifted back to mine.

 We were thinking the exact same thing.

 If it weren't for Preston, the plan would have fallen because of Tess and Irene's over-curious minds.

 I knew eating all that junk would bite him back. Heading over to Preston, I patted his back. "Let me get you some water."

 Preston shook his head. A small smirk appeared that no one from our group could see except me. "You owe me, bro. My acting skills got you all, didn't it?"

 My mouth dropped. Preston was acting? He was actually using it as a diversion! I got to hand it to him, he really fooled me.

 Preston complained quietly, "I'm literally about to puke having my face this close to the trashcan, but let's continue on. I swear, out of all people, why Tess and Irene?"

 Holding in a chuckle, I patted his back once more. "You saved me, man. You deserve an Oscar."

 Preston scoffed a laugh. "Whatever Eli. Now get rid of those girls while I play sick."

 Walking back to the group, I looked at Coops. "Hey, you think you can get Preston some water?"

 Coops nodded his head sternly, still believing that little actor was really sick to the stomach. Olette offered to come with Coops which left Lana, Tess and Irene. Lana's concerned blue eyes were still stuck on Preston.

 "Is he alright, Eli? He should go to the restroom before it gets worse."

 Shaking my head, I smiled to hopefully relieve her worried expression. "No, he's okay Lana. Preston told me he's feeling a lot better now."

 "We should go to him. We can all sit and wait for him to get better." Lana was having a hard time buying my words.

 Growing guilty, I hated seeing Lana worried. She was supposed to be having a good time. On the other hand, Tess and Irene were looking uncomfortable from the situation. Tess twirled her short blonde hair as her pink lips forced into a smile.

 "Um, Eli. Irene and I are going to go."

 Irene nodded several times. "Yeah. It was nice seeing you... I hope Preston will be okay."

 Looked like Preston scared them away for me. Giving the girls a closed grin, I nodded.

 "He'll be fine. Nice seeing you two as well. See ya."