Born Sinner

It took an entire week to move entirely out of the apartment and into Jack's guest house. And within that week, I spent a lot of time getting to know just who Jack Porter was. He was a charming man with his fairytale traits that every woman wished that their man had. 

Jack lived in the suburbs as suspected, but his house was no bachelor's pad. It was well taken care of with freshly cut grass and well planted flowers. The inside was almost like what I'd seen on the T.V. shows. The small cottage-like guest house was in the back of the four-bedroom home. The house came fully furnished with everything a house would need. 

"A little more to the left." I guided while Jack moved the striped couch in place.

"It's really hot in here," Jack said while wiping the sweat from his forehead. "Can you turn the A.C. on, please. It's next to the kitchen."

I did as he asked, and when I came back, his shirt was lying on the end table. He was standing shirtless against the couch he'd moved at least three times. 

This was the second time I'd seen his bare chest, and it looked better than before. 

"I'm sorry, I hope it doesn't freak you out that I took my shirt off." He apologized, feeling a little guilty.

I cleared my throat, "No, it's fine. Here let me get you something to drink." I offered.

I grabbed a clean cup from the cupboard and filled it with ice and water from the refrigerator. I passed the cup over to him, and in a matter of seconds, he gulped it down. 

"Thank you." He said while handing me the glass back and began mounting my tv to the wall.

Later that evening, Jack and I unpacked my boxes while watching The Game of Thrones.

He turned from the TV to face me. "I'm not sure if it's too soon to be bringing it up, but I'd really like for you to go on that date with me."

The least I could do was go on a date with him as my token of appreciation. 

"But I don't want you to agree, because you think you owe me something." He paused. "I want you to agree because you see something in me that you like."

"I want to go because I do owe you, and I already said yes. You've shown me a lot about you this past week."

"Like what?"

"You're kind, intelligent, charming..."

I continued to ramble on about all the things I involuntarily liked about him when he leaned forward and kissed me.

It was a simple kiss that only lasted a few seconds, in which I was surprised.

"I should get going." He rushed out. "Call me if you need anything." He grabbed his shirt and left out the front door. 

It was only 4:30, so I decided to go back to work tonight. I wasn't ever going to be the same when it came to my job and having sex, but I needed the money. I refused to be a bum and letting Jack be my only source of income and amenities. I needed to be on my grind again, even if that meant having more nightmares.

I dug in one of the unpacked boxes and pulled out my thigh-high boots and a skimpy black dress that Karmen gave me when we first started working together. 

                                             Maliyah's Outfit

                                             Maliyah's Outfit

I locked the door and headed to my car. Karmen had sent me the address to the hotel, where we would be meeting our clients for tonight. 

When I arrived at the hotel suite, older men in there late forties were sitting around laughing and drinking with one another. I spotted Karmen coming out of the bathroom in a police outfit with her hands on her hips. I walked over to her swiftly and grabbed her arm. 

"Karmen, what the fuck is this?" I asked, referring to our clients. "This is not what I signed up to do tonight.

"Look, they're paying big bucks, so shake some ass, be sexy, and make that cash."

I rolled my eyes and took a deep breath before sitting next to a baldhead man with a beer in his hand. I threw my hand over his shoulder and rubbed his head with my fingertips. 

"And where'd you come from little lady?" 

"Heaven." I slid into his lap before kissing him on the lips. "Or hell." 

I didn't get back home until six in the morning. My feet ached from the heels, and I slid them off as soon as I made it through the front door. 

"Good Morning," Jack yelled. It startled me. He was sitting at my kitchen table reading a newspaper.

"I came over to bring you some breakfast, but you weren't home. It looks like you had a fun night out." 

Jack seemed to be upset with me. He scoffed, "I'm sad you didn't invite me."

"I doubt you would've wanted to be there."

"I honestly don't think you should've wanted to be there either." He argued.

"Look, I know we have a weird relationship going on, but you don't get to decide what's best for me. You do your job, and I do mine." I clarified. 

"What I'm trying to say is number one prostitution is illegal, number two you can easily get a job that is decent, and you won't have to take your clothes off for everyone." 

"Number one, I make more money than you make in a whole month's paycheck, number two I'm a grown-ass woman, I don't need you in here lecturing me about my choices." 

"I don't condone it, and I don't respect it either. That's all I'm saying," Jack shrugged, grabbing his newspaper and coffee mug and heading out the door.

"I hope you still make it to class on time today." He said before closing the door behind him.

I threw my head back and took a deep breath. He wasn't the one struggling to pay for college. I bet he had everything given to him. I was the one that had to build myself from nothing to something, so we are not the same. His words meant nothing. 

           Jack Porter

           Jack Porter