No Role Modelz

It had been three days since Jack left and I was starting to get better at being a responsible Auntie.

Today I woke up early enough to make a decent breakfast for Kody and I. I sat a plate of bacon,eggs,and grits on the table for Kody for when he finished his shower. I was scrolling through my Facebook when I heard Kody shuffle in and sit at the dining room table before taking a loud huff.

"What's wrong baby?" I asked sitting my phone down.

"Everyone's leaving me." He said moping as he ate his breakfast.

"My mom's gone and Mr. Jack is gone. Are you going to leave too, Auntie?"

"No baby, I'll be right here. And they aren't gone they'll be back soon. Jack should be here any day now and I'm sure your mama is thinking about you."

"Will you try to call her again?" He looked up st me with hopeful eyes.

"Yes, I most certainly will, get your book bag, we don't wanna be late."

After dropping Kody off at school, I decided to go to Karmen's house to see what was up.

The guy Jack had hired had an emergency and couldn't go with me , but I needed to see Karmen.

I knocked on the door repeatedly before giving into the cold and folding my arms.

When I heard the door unlock from the inside I felt relieved.

Karmen pulled the door back revealing her very bruised and battered face. Her left eye was swollen and her lip was busted along with bruises in various places.

"Karmen, what the fuck is going on?" I yelled in frustration.

"I don't have time to chit chat. He'll be back any minute." She said her voice hoarse.

"Kody misses you."

"I miss him too, Maliyah." She cried. "But I can't let him hurt my baby."

"You should've called me, there's enough room for you and Kody at my house."

"No, no I don't want to impose." She resisted.

"Shit that's him, Maliyah." She said as her eyes widen.

I turned to match her gaze upon the black Suburban truck whipping into the closest vacant parking spot.

Jay- R had light brown skin, and he was tall, bald, and built. He looked like the man he was, a vicious drug dealer covered in tattoos.

"Karmen, this the bitch you been hanging with?" He said storming up the steps.

I raised my eyebrow, giving him a mean mug.

I didn't care how big or bad he thought he was I ain't no bitch.

"Is this the bum ass nigga from jail I've been hearing bout ?"

"I ain't no bum, you little ass bitch, now where the fuck is my son?" He spat.

"Don't fucking worry about where he is." I said crossing my arms.  Just when I was about to step off he pulled my arm into a tight squeeze.

"If I don't have my son by five o clock today, I'm murdering you." He pointed. "And I'm murdering her.

He pushed my arm away causing me to stumble a bit. I got in my car and drove home on the brink of tears. Not because I was scared but that triggered memories of me in my apartment. That was the worst day of my life and being attacked like that really made me feel some type of way.

After doing a bit of grocery shopping I drove home. I unlocked my front door to see a tall and handsome looking Jack in a Nike tracksuit with flowers in his hands.

"Baby!!!" I yelled.  He sat the flowers aside and gave me a warm hug.

"Hey beautiful." He said before kissing my forehead.

"Can you help me get the groceries out of the car ?" I asked with a smile.

After the groceries were in and Kody had been picked up from school, Jack helped Kody with his homework while I cooked dinner.

I could envision this for the future and Jack was going to be a great father some day. Maybe we can have little curly headed cuties running around the house.

After putting Kody to bed, Jack and I decided to take a bubble bath.

Jack prepared the tub while I undressed.

I slid in the bath tub, while he went to the closet to get towels.

"Absolutely beautiful." He said eyeing me from outside the bathtub. "Baby you are phenomenal, I think I like you more when you wear bubbles instead of clothes."

"Get in here silly." I said laughing.

He pulled his clothes off almost as if he was giving me a show, before he slid in the bathtub behind me.

I laid my head back on his chest and took a deep relaxing sigh.

All was quiet except for our breathing and the sloshing of water.

He ran a loofa across my arm when he stopped abruptly.

"Maliyah, what happened to your arm?"

I looked over to see that there was a purple bruise where Jay- R had gripped my arm.

"I went to see Karmen today, and her crazy ass baby daddy threatened us."

"He put his hands on you?" I could sense the anger in his voice.

"Yeah he grabbed me really hard." I frowned.

"I'm going to kill him." He said rising from the bathtub letting water drip onto the rug.

He grabbed a towel and folded it around his waist.

"What's his name Detka?"

"Jay-R." I said. "But What are you going to do?"

I jumped out of the bathtub wrapping a towel around me in one motion.

Jack was furious, I could see it written all over him.

"I'm gonna kill that motherfucker, he used to do business with my family. I know him."

"Jack, maybe a talk will suffice."

"I'm done talking with people who keep fucking up." He yelled.

Something really must've happened in Moscow. He was acting like a mob member, pacing back and forth making phone calls.

I got dressed and laid in my bed watching him as he stood in his towel and glanced out the window while speaking Russian on his phone.

My man was so fine when he played dangerous.