Lights Please

*Trigger Warning *⚠️

Teddy had an early morning grooming appointment that I drove him too. It'd last a couple of hours, so I decided to go home. I didn't have class today or work, so I started doing some cleaning that I'd been putting off . I started with my bedroom by picking clothes up off the floor that I had previously worn. I wiped the bathroom mirror clean before scrubbing the toilet, bathtub, and sink. In the living room, I vacuumed and dusted the window sills.

When I finished, I packed the vacuum away in the hall closet and made a bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I plopped on the couch and began watching reruns of Riverdale. I've become obsessed with the show after overhearing some of my classmates whisper about it.  Jack texted me late last night to give me the details about our date, which I was kind of looking forward to. I haven't been wined and dined in so long, let alone a real date. It was tiring playing hard to get all the time, but I just never knew why to expect. I dozed off for what seemed to be only 5 minutes.

Constant knocking on the door made me spring awake and glance at the clock on the wall. I had slept for 3 hours. I flipped the throw blanket off and went to the door.

Of course, it was my landlord, Harrison. He was tan, muscular, and handsome. But besides all of that, I'd been giving him head instead of giving him my money.  We've had this little arrangement for quite some time now.

I unlocked the locks and opened the door allowing him to come in.

"Hey, I'm just stopping by to collect your payment." He said while pushing a loose piece of my hair in place.

"It's time to pay the piper."

I didn't whine or complain, but honestly, I felt bad, I'd see his wife and daughter from time to time and they were nice people.

"Okay, but can we make this quick? I've got somewhere to be."

He unzipped his zipper and allowed his dick to spring free.

I rolled my eyes and got on my knees and gripped his dick and began stroking and topping him off.

He smelled of cigarettes and whiskey, not my favorite combination at all.

When he came I managed to stand up from the floor and grab paper towels to clean up the mess.

He pulled me to the couch while hovering over me.

"Come on, open those pretty little legs of yours for me." He demanded while trying to pry them apart.

"No what the fuck are you doing? I asked while pushing him off.

"Sex was not apart of the deal we had, Harrison. The deal was I'd suck your dick and you'd leave me al-"

"Do you want to live here or not?" He cut me off.

He pulled me on to the couch and began forcefully pulling down my sleeping shorts.

"You're a slut anyway, letting all those men have you, so why am I so different?" He spat while pulling his pants further down.

I fought him, scratching and kicking him. I managed to reach over and grab a vase I had placed on the end table next to the couch.  I hit him across the head but it only bought me a few minutes. I ran to the door but before I could get all the way there he dragged me back.

"You fucking bitch!" He yelled.

He had a medium-sized gash from where the vase hit him. Blood began to run from the side of his head down to his cheek.  After the shock came, he came at me with full force.

He pushed me down onto the hardwood floor and continued his attack. He forced himself inside of me and there was nothing I could do. I went numb. I stopped screaming, my voice grew restless and so did my body.

"That should cover this month's payment."

When he finished, he zipped himself up and disappeared out the front door without another word.

I continued to sit still and lie in the same position. I felt angry and defenseless. I stayed in the same spot not moving an inch as the sun began to set. The glass from the vase littered the carpet, so

Teddy was still at the groomers, and I didn't pick him up. Luckily, my aunt was his emergency contact.

Eventually, I decided to get up and take a shower. I got up slowly, but not slow enough to avoid the burning sensation I felt between my legs. I stumbled to the bathroom and cut the shower on avoiding the mirror. I sat in the shower not wanting to stand and I immediately broke, crying my eyes out allowing the feelings I had to consume me.

What did I do so wrong to deserve a man to force himself on me like that? He objectified me like I was nothing like I didn't have any emotions.

I pulled myself together long enough for me to bathe and crawl into my bed.

One day turned into weeks of missing school, missed calls, and missed workdays.

I stayed at home in my bedroom only coming out to shower and eat. I never swept the glass up and I never stopped by my aunt's to pick up Teddy. I didn't call Jack back and I refused to go on the block. I didn't go without taking at least 4 showers throughout the day. Harrison made my confidence go from a ten to a negative ten.  I felt ashamed.

I heard knocking at the door, only this time I had no intention of answering until I heard a voice.

"Maliyah? I'm not sure if I have the right apartment, but please come open the door. I just want to talk." Jack said through the door.

I had missed the deadline for the paper he assigned last week and I had missed the date I promised him.

I honestly didn't want to open the door, but I was tired of being alone and I needed to tell someone about what happened. I didn't trust Jack, but he was the only one at this moment banging on my door worried about me and my whereabouts.